Life is Fluid (Part 2)

Hank's POV

Y/N  had been avoiding all of us and just sitting at her current desk zoned out. Her and I had gotten back from Med not too long after she had regained consciousness and I could tell she was still hurting and blaming herself for not being able to help or save Jay. 

I was about to go walk over to her and speak with her before Antonio walked over to me.
"Sarge this was my CI , I'll take the hit."

I ignored his statement and ask how far along we were with tracking down the SUV Halstead had been taken in.  I saw Y/N tilt her head in our general direction as Antonio explained the whole situation and how they had tons of patrol units on the look out.

We also discussed the TSA badges they used to get into the airport but Atwater confirmed those badges had been stolen days ago. Figures.

"Keys shot and killed his own brother. What do you think he's going to do to Halstead" Adam said and at those words I could see Y/N's shoulders stiffen and her eyes widen slightly.

I knew right then and there that we needed to get Halstead back , not only for his and our sake but for Y/N's sake as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been talking to a witness we had taken into protective custody when Trudy came up the stairs looking slightly shocked but very determined.

"Hank" She said gaining my full attention.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to interrupt, but there's a very determined young man downstairs , who says he wants to speak to you...and only you" She said before turning and walking back down the stairs.

I told Atwater to deal with the witness while I followed Trudy downstairs. When we made it she pointed towards a young boy sitting on the bench holding what looked to be a.. donut box?

I made my way in front of the boy and he stood. "Are you the Sargeant?" He asked.

"That's right" I replied

He looked me dead in the eyes and said "I'm supposed to give this to you. I opened it to find a burner phone and CD for the computer.

"Who told you to give it to me?" I asked sternly and the boy shrugged explaining that some dude rolled up and said he would give him something if the boy took the box all the way down to the 21st District and gave it to me.

After the kid left I ran up the stairs and gathered everyone around Antonio's desk handing him the CD. I had managed to get Y/N to come see and she currently sat in her office chair in front of me ready to watch whatever the CD had to show. 

We all watched as Antonio placed it on the tray and pushed the tray back into the computer before pressing play.

As it began we were immediately greeted with the sight of Jay hanging from a ceiling and getting punched in the face and tasered in the stomach repeatedly.

As Jay let out a scream of pain I saw Y/N quickly turn around towards me her eyes wide and filled with tears, her hands shaking. I looked around at all the other detectives seeing some either too appalled and eyes glued to the computer screen or some so distraught looking away in pain and guilt. Since no one was paying attention I pulled Y/N's office chair with her on it closer to me and gently placed my hand on her shoulder rubbing a soothing pattern with my thumb to let her know it was okay. I did that for a few seconds before pulling away so none of the other detectives could see.

I looked down at Y/n and saw her smiling gratefully at me causing me to give her a half-smile back before my neutral expression returned to my face as I heard vibrating coming from the burner phone Derek had provided us with.