|| Mēre - The Fire of the Sun ||

Rhaenyra

I entered the training grounds of the knights, everyone was busy practicing and enhancing their combat skills whether it's with the weapon of their choice or just their strength.

" Please go on with your training. " I told them when they stopped practicing since they noticed my presence.

I smiled at them as they bowed their heads as a sign of respect before going back to their training. My eyes roamed around the ground and I saw the Sand snakes, They are the eight bastard children of my Uncle Oberyn. Despite being bastards my uncle acknowledges them and they are treated with respect here just like any trueborn children.

" It's good to see you out here again. " My cousin Nymeria greeted me while she held a whip in her hand.

" I finished my indoor duties so I'm here now to observe the knights. I want to know if they are ready, If I ever need them on a battlefield. " I said but her eyes dropped down to the sword I am holding.

" Really? Just to observe? You will not take your sword and you would be wearing your dress if you are not looking for a good fight. " She sneered and I let out a chuckle.

" If there is someone here worthy to be my opponent then I wouldn't say no for a good fight. " Nymeria suddenly pointed at the side of the training ground.

" I think he would be a worthy opponent. He was the only one here that isn't scared to fight you. " She whispered to my ear as we watched Dion fighting with two other knights.

No one will say that Ser Dion Blackmont is not a good soldier. He is gifted when it comes to the sword and became a knight at a young age. He was a squire to my Uncle Oberyn and it is where I met him and became my childhood friend.

" We expect nothing less from you Ser Dion as time goes by you just keep on getting better. " Dion's attention diverted towards us.

" However Princess Rhaenyra here is looking for someone who can spar with her. Would you do the honor? We always saw how she trained with Ser Arthur. Wouldn't it be good to see her fight with someone else? " She told him while having a teasing grin on her lips.

" If the princess wants to spar with me, I don't think I have the right to say no. " Dion matched the grin on Nymeria's lips.

" Of course, you can not. " We exchanged a meaningful gaze and we just found ourselves in the middle of the training ground.

" Be ready, your grace, I don't intend to go easy on you. " He daunted me.

" If you do, I won't forgive you Ser Blackmont. " I drew out my sword from my sheath as we both got into engagement formation.

The sword that I'm using is a Valyrian steel, I called it retribution. Ser Arthur told me that it was a gift from my grandfather. The times when he isn't called the Mad King, He asked a high-paid blacksmith to make the sword to be given to me.

Dion and I swing our swords, hearing the metal clashing with each other. Everyone says that a man is stronger than a woman but because we are lighter that means we can move faster.

As a princess, I do a lot of studies including how to move gracefully. He tried to slice me from the side but before it could touch me, I turned around and gave him a counterattack. Dion blocked it with his sword and we both stumbled away from each other.

" You never beat me when it comes to tag but you're quick. " He twirled the sword in his hand as he looked at me with amusement.

" I remember you never saw me train before. You're always occupied with your own. " I smirked before I charged at him, but Dion grabbed my not dominant hand and he pressed himself closer to me.