Follow Them

Detective Mendes Pov-

I can't believe it, again.

We lost her again and she killed four of my men. I won't let her get away with this, with what she's done and what she thinks is right. No matter how many times she gets away, their will be an end, and I will be the one to witness her go to jail and be executed.

This time she has a innocent girl with her, I know I didn't believe Camila in there when I asked her about Lauren but she didn't even know who the girl was. Lauren never leaves a witness alive, maybe she couldn't finish the job for some reason so that's why she came back. On the security footage in the hospital, you can only see Lauren go into Camilas room and out.

I was in my police car, keeping an eye on the radio around 6:25pm when I heard a familiar address being said on the radio.

"Man found unconscious, beaten aggressively, might not make it, we are requesting cops to inspect the area...."

That's Camilas address.

"Copy that, Requesting back up, Lauren Jauregui might be there, keep everyone inside." I said into the walkie talkie, starting my car and speeding towards the apartment structure.

Maybe she finished the job in Camilas apartment, that would've been a smart idea because no one would be able to find her body in their for days. Beating up the guy that must have been her witness. It was coming together, if I could get there in time she might still be there but it's very unlikely.

I pulled into the parking structure, the gate was already opened. You need a sensor to get in. Back up followed me from behind.

"Alright guys, Knock on all the doors, we are looking for Camila Cabello." And they scattered but I stopped one cop, "Go to the lobby and check the security cameras." And he nodded.

I started walking towards a white car, the body had already been token to the hospital, hopefully he stays alive. The car had blood splattered a little bit but other than that, it wasn't going to help me.

I began knocking on the doors from the left, once I reached the very last door on the corner, I didn't get an answer but I heard voices from inside. Footsteps being rushed, I knocked again.

"This is the police, is anyone home?" I asked, making it loud enough they can hear me.

I waited a few seconds before knocking again, except this time the door swung open. Three girls stood on the other side of the door, with smiles on their faces. These are the same two girls from Camilas hospital room, one of them didn't look familiar though.

"Hello Officer, what can we do for you?" One of the lady's spoke.

"I have a few questions, I was wondering if I can come in." I replied, from afar on the wall inside you can see a picture frame, and it had a familiar face on it. "Does Camila Cabello live here?" I asked.

"Yes, she does. Why? Do you know where she went?" The shorter girl asked until the dark skinned girl put her hand over her mouth.

"She left?" This was news to me. "Did she say where she was going?"

"No." The one that had opened the door stated, she looked stronger than the other two.

"I have reason to believe that Camila ran away with a most wanted criminal, I think if you want to find your friend, you'll let me in." I was done with their patience, we don't have time until Lauren leaves.

"Until you have a warrant, your not coming in." And the door was slammed in my face.

"Get a warrant to search this apartment now!" I yelled at my team and they scattered.

"Sir, I think you'll want to see this!" The officer I sent to get the security footage held a drive.

We both went inside my car and plugged in the drive into the computer. It starts off boring so I skipped it until the man arrived in the white car. They only had two cameras, one that showed Camilas hallway and the parking lot.

We switched to the other camera when the man walks up to Camilas door, it takes a while for her to open it but when she does it doesn't open all the way. They talk for a moment, the man tries to get in but is stopped, they talk some more but it ends with Camila pushing him out and closing the door in his face. The man walked back to his car eventually but that's when you see Lauren and Camila both come out of the apartment with a dog and a bag in her hand.

"Shit."

I continued watching, this doesn't explain how the man was beaten. It took 5 minutes for Lauren to appear again in the parking structure, she stormed towards the man by his car and before he even spoke a word, she threw punches. She could've killed him right there but she didn't, something was stopping her,

someone.

My thoughts were stopped when I saw the three girls rush out of the apartment and run towards their car.

"STOP THEM!" I yelled out but it was too late.

They started driving away and I started my car to follow. They were headed towards the beach. Maybe Camila did tell them where she was going. All I know now is, Camila left willingly.

With my sirens on, and more cop cars following, we made a scene. I called in choppers but i'm not sure they will make it on time. It was around 6:50 when we saw the car in front of us stop, but it made a stop that would stop all the cars behind us. I was wondering why they decided to just make an abruptly stop in the middle of the street but that's because Lauren Jauregui car was right in front of it.

Turned on, she started to break and press the gas at the same time. With Lauren Jaureguis car, that causes smoke. I honked at the three girls, telling them to move or not I won't be able to follow but they didn't. They stayed parked, I groaned in frustration and just used the sidewalk instead.

Me being the only car that could get past the other car, it caught Lauren by surprise. Quickly, she started speeding off but I followed her. Right on her tail as she tried to lose me but she was still headed towards the beach.

Once she got to the beach I expected her to pull over but she didn't, in her car she went over the sand, without sinking. I tried to follow but my tires got stuck. I took out my gun and went out the car, I started shooting at the car.

I ran on the beach, with a couple of guys behind me. Shooting the car, it's wheels mainly but Lauren is smart, she has it bulletproof.

Lauren's car made it to the dock, I saw her and Camila with a dog come out of the car. They ran towards one of the boats. I began shooting and the guys behind me did the same. They were fast, i'll admit. Camila and the dog where the first to make it into the boat. Lauren stayed behind, shooting at us now. She threw her bag on the boat and started making her way inside.

I signaled my guys to stop shooting, their was no point. We won't be able to get on that boat unless we end up dead.

"You finally used your brain, didn't you Mendes!" Lauren laughed and went inside quickly, I didn't know what she meant by that until I heard a sound coming from the sky.

Choppers.