tension

You stumbled down to the kitchen, hair pleated messily and makeup slightly smudged. You hadn't slept. This riddle was keeping you up, you couldn't help it. You still had yesterdays clothes on, some sweatpants and a tank top, with an oversized hoodie thrown on top.

You were so incredibly hungry. You walked through the main room to get to the kitchen and you stopped.

Bruce was there, just sitting on the couch. He was shirtless, and he had eyeliner smudged down his face. His hair was damp and ruffled, and he was looking down at something.

"What are you doing awake?" He looked up when you spoke.
"Same as you."
"How did you-"
"I've got them. I think I've cracked it. I've just got to go over there."
"Hold on, Bruce- why don't you just get sleep first?"
"There's people that are going to die."
"Even just an hour. You can fight better when you have energy."
"You don't understand."
"I do."
"If I get sleep you need sleep."
"We'll if it'll make you sleep then I'll sleep with you."

We sat in silence, both realising what I just said.

"Come here." He mumbled. I walked slowly towards him, as he stared at me with cold eyes.
He said nothing as he stood up, maintaining eye contact with me.

Then he leaned in. He pressed his lips up onto mine slowly and lightly. The kiss was soft, not needy or desperate. He pulled away whilst still staring right at me, he then wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me down to the couch. I was now laying on top of his warm body. He pulled a blanket over and wrapped it around me.

"One hour. That's it." He whispered. As he did I could feel the vibrations of his words go all through my body. I shivered.

he pulled the blanket over me more and kissed my neck. softly.

"This isn't like you. You're cold. You're..intimidating. Not cute or charming."

"Sleep. I'm tired. We can talk in the morning."