bedroom

switching on your string lights and flaming your candles, you got into bed, pulling out an old novel to read until it put you to sleep.

but the problem was, you couldn't sleep. And you could not seem to focus on the novel either. Your bedroom was quiet, but your thoughts were loud. Louder than they ever had been, which you did not take as a good thing.

you thought about what flared up between you and Bruce earlier. About what it could have been if the press weren't there. You couldn't help but think of, and regret, every time you didn't kiss Bruce when you do desperately wanted to.

and then, between the swirls of thoughts and doubts, you finally found yourself asleep. You couldn't be completely sure when you had fallen, but you were aware you were in rest as a vivid dream played in your head.

an image, a clear one, of you and Bruce. You weren't doing anything particularly romantic, just eating at a diner, laughing. about what, you weren't sure, but it seemed a good dream.

and out of nowhere, you bolted up, out of your trance. Sitting up in bed, you turned your lamp on- and jumped.

Bruce was standing in the corner of your room, just watching you.

"Bruce?"

No answer.

you waited- until he took a single step closer and your heart rate seemed to speed up. He walked slower and slower until he finally perched by your feet, sitting atop of your assortment of duvets and comforters.

He opened his mouth, as so to speak, but you interrupted him. You grabbed his plain T-shirt and pulled him closer to you, smashing your lips together. he leaned into the kiss, and slowly moved his hands up to cup your cheeks. You tugged at his hair, pulling him down closer so he was almost on-top of you.

you continued to make out, until Bruce suddenly pulled away.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. I can't do this, I feel wrong for watching you like this."

"I would be furious," he sighed and turned away, towards the window, where he probably got in.
"But I'm too in love with you to care about that right now."

He turned on his heel, facing you with a smile.

"Will you just...stay with me tonight?"

He paused for awhile, before nodding.

You pulled up the sheets for him, and he got under - still in his shirt and jeans.

We talked for hours and hours more, until both of you drifted off, you cuddling onto him.