006 separation anxiety

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝘄𝗼𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲/ 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲/ 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

Shane had left. Not for good, Hallie hoped. He had left with Otis to get medical supply's to save Carls life.

Hallie wasn't religious, last time she had prayed was when her mom left. She remembered every night she prayed her mom would come home, tuck her into bed and hold her when she cried—but she never did,her prayers went unanswered. That's when Hallie came to the conclusion that if there was any god out there, he wouldn't have left  Hallie alone in this world without a mother.

But In this very moment Hallie was ready to get on her knees and beg for forgiveness and mercy. Carl couldn't die, it would absolutely break her. Hallie couldn't lose another family member. So that's what she did. She got on her knees and cried and begged for who ever was in charge to spare Carl, let Carl live.  No matter what it took.

It was early morning, dawn not even breaking yet when the bright headlights of Shane's truck returning shown brightly on the empty farm— without Otis.

Hallie's tears had dried into her skin, leaving pale streaks down her cheeks. Beth hadn't left her side once she returned from the bathroom, even thought the blonde had fallen asleep on Hallie's shoulder she still stayed. Hallie was grateful.

When Shane returned Hallie felt relieved, once she realised he was alone guilt crashed down in an avalanche. She prayed that Carl would live— no matter the consequences. This was the consequence. One life for another.

Death was waiting for a soul, and Hallie knew he would get what he wanted, one way or another.

"Thank god your okay" Hallie cried in relief as her body clashed with Shane's. Her anxiety had spiked significantly being away from her father and she was extremely worried, more than a sixteen year old should have to be.

"I'm fine, honey" Shane choked through his clenched jaw. Shane was already paranoid, Hallie couldn't find out. No way— she idolised her father.

Pulling away from his daughter Shane silently walked inside, Hallie was confused nonetheless but assumed her father was shaken up. She would be. Hell Hallie hadn't even killed a Walker yet.

Everyone had rushed into the house when Shane arrived with the necessities to save carls life, leaving Hallie outside alone.

The cool breeze was enough to send chills down Hallie's back despite the scorching weather they had in the day time.  Pulling the flannel closer to her body, hallies arms snaked across her front attempting to keep in some body heat.

"I get the boy is hurt, but what I don't get is why your all here" the voice spoke casually, yet a venom laced his tone. The sudden noise making Hallie jump slightly.

Shit, he could've been a Walker.

"Otis shot him. I don't meant to speak ill of the dead but I think that's quite the reason" Hallie stated, composing herself as she looked over at the boy.  He was the boy who had been arguing with Beth. Lee.