Move In Day

Author's Note: Happy 2 years to the Table! Just a cute little one shot.

Oh, and in this states talk about sharing bathrooms. I'm taking some creative liberty with how the California statehouse looks. And I imagine the states have what are called 'Jack n Jill' rooms. It's two rooms that are connected by a bathroom.

-------------------

Move in day. A day Gov has both been excited for and dreading. The old statehouse had simply just gotten too small for everybody to live in, no matter how many additions they built onto the house. Eventually they had to sit down and build a new one. And today was the day that they'd officially be moving into it.

He was the first to arrive at the new house. He parked in the new large parking lot and drank his coffee. These would be the few minutes of peace he got for the day. His car clock read 9:01. That's something he would need to get somebody to update now that they live in California and not the east coast.

The sun was slowly coming up over the horizon. A few more cars arrived. States got out and stretched a bit. Some of them waved to Gov as they drank their own cups of coffee. A few of them were getting to see the new house for the first time and went on a little exploration around the grounds.

Over time more and more states showed up. Conversations got louder and some even got into playful fights. Florida nearly tackled Alabama to the ground, but Georgia stopped them. Gov couldn't hear what he was saying, but it looked like he was telling them to not get dirty before they could get started.

Gov's phone buzzed with a text from Mississippi. He and Texas have the truck and they'll be there in roughly 10 minutes.

Show time then. Gov placed his phone in his back pocket and stepped out of his car, calling the states to gather around so he can share the plan for the day.

-------------------

"Alright. We have the bathrooms. This will be easy, there's only... 30 bathrooms?!" Nevada read off of the sheet that Gov gave them. It documented where all the bathrooms in the new house were, and how certain ones were to be decorated.

Nebraska set a box labeled 'bathroom items' down on the kitchen counter. Kentucky let out a little 'Hey' at his assigned space being taken over. Nevada just waved him away and opened the box. There were shower curtains and towels of all colors and designs.

"Well, we better get started then. Which one first Vada?" Nebraska asked.

"The list says Washington and Oregon's bathroom. They're wanting a blue theme, so then grab the blue ones." Nevada ordered. He set the list down and grabbed Kentucky's scissors so he could help open the curtain boxes.

Rhode Island came in as they worked on getting the curtains and rings out of boxes and put together. He plopped the bath rugs he was carrying down on the kitchen Island. Kentucky responded with a very angry sign.

"Rhode take a blue one and put it in the first bathroom on the list." Nevada said.

"[Glitch] you." Rhode responded. But he still cut the tags off a blue rug, grabbed a set of towels, and took them to the designated bathroom.

"I don't think these rings match this curtain." Nebraska commented.

Nevada didn't take his eyes off the ring he was desperately trying to string through the curtain hole. "What are you talking about? These rings came with this set?"

Nebraska counted the number of rings and the number of holes in the curtain again. "They don't match Vada!"

When Rhode Island returned, Nebraska and Nevada were counting through the number of rings and curtain holes again. Each time they counted they got different numbers.