10

"I'll be back Monday"
I heard a sigh on the phone
"Where are you even going?"
Taylor asked and I mentally groaned
"I don't know"
I could tell she was worried about this get a way with James and it was understandable to a certain extent
"Taylor I'll be fine, plus when I get back we'll go over everything for the album release party...it should be fine as long as Rachel did everything she was suppose to but I think we should double check"
I heard a knock at the door
"He's here so I'll talk to you later, love you"
"Please be careful and don't hesitate to call me okay? Love you to"

I hung up the phone and went to get the door "Well look who actually showed up" he kissed my lips and walked in "Nic, what the fuck?!" I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him surprised "We're gonna be gone for the weekend so why would you pack 3 bags?" I chuckled then shrugged "Well you didn't tell me where we were going and I needed to have options so I packed what I could...why you think I need another bag?" He looked at me with a straight face and I laughed "You won't even need clothes where we're going...Lose a bag" I frowned "No baby just put them all in the car" he pointed to my bags "What's in this one?"
"My makeup" he nodded and picked up the other 2 "Noo I need my makeup" I picked up the bag "You don't need all that shit on your face especially this weekend, you'll live so leave it and come on" I pouted but listened, leaving the bag and making my way to his car.

He put both my bags in the backseat and I still was frowning "fix your face, you'll be okay" he said closing the trunk then opening the passenger side door letting me get in.

"I'm excited though" I said as he got in the car "I appreciate you making a better effort for the last few weeks" i pulled at his beard that I loved so much "I love you" I said and he smirked "I love you to babygirl, you gotta do me a favor though" I raised my eyebrows looking at him
"Turn your phone off"
"Huh?"
I asked a little taken back "Turn. Your. Phone. Off. No business for us this weekend" I sighed "Well that's fine with me but what about wifey?"
"Like I said, no business" he responded quickly, I grabbed my phone turning it off and throwing it in the backseat.

For a second I thought about Chris and Eric but since Eric wasn't talking to me and I already told Chris I was going away on business then it should be fine so I laid back and got comfortable for this long drive to I don't know where.

I don't know how long I slept for but when I woke up all I saw were trees everywhere covered in snow.
"Beautiful" I felt him place his hand on my thighs and squeeze it "The way you sleep is ridiculous " i looked at him confused "Why you say that?"
"You've been sleep for 4 hours in the same position you fell asleep in...I didn't realize how bad of a passenger you were" I laughed as I looked at the time in the car, we left around 2 and it was already almost 7 "Well are we almost there?" He nodded as he turned down a random road, he drove down it for another 5 minutes as I looked at the scenery and we finally pulled up to a random cabin.

It was beautiful, made by wood, small and covered in snow
"Here" he handed me the key "go ahead and I'll get the bags" I smiled getting out the car letting the nature air and the cold breeze hit me, although it was good to look at, I was ready to go in. "James how am I suppose to walk in snow?" I heard him chuckle "Run" I smacked my lips and tried my best to make it to the house. My legs were freezing.

When I finally walked in a certain calm washed over me. You ever walk in a place and immediately feel comfortable? That's how I felt, this place was definitely giving a cozy home vibe. The aesthetic was everything to the small couch and bookshelf, to the carpet and fire place.

"You like it?" James came up behind me and I nodded walking all the way in and exploring the whole house which wasn't much but I think that's what I liked about it.

When I seen the bed I just collapsed, even though I slept the whole ride I was exhausted "What are you doing?" James came in "What's it look like?" He walked to the edge of the bed and pulled my legs so that way he was in the middle of them looking down at me, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down to me "Your smiling big" he stated "I'm happy, it's beautiful here..." he smirked "but I can't help but to think something else is going on" he looked at me confused "come on James, the last time we went on a get away together was before I knew you were married and that's when you told me you were married" I looked at him with a straight face just thinking about the situation.

"I promise there is no more surprises, I don't know what I could tell you that's worse then me being married" I thought about it "You can tell me you got her pregnant" there was a long pause and he looked at me uneasy, my heart started to race as I felt my body start to heat up "I'll fuck you up James" he started laughing and gripped my waist tighter "That's not funny" he just continued laughing. When I first started dating James after he told me he was married I asked him if he wanted kids because if he did then I was gonna cut it off, I wouldn't do this with a man that has a family but he told me he didn't see himself having kids nor did he want any which was fine with me.

"You won't be laughing when I get my sock rock" his laughter dialed down and he looked at me confused "What's a sock rock?" I kissed his lips and smiled "Pray you never find out" he just shook his head "Don't worry baby, I wouldn't do that to you...I love you"
"I love you to"
I pushed him off of me "Okay so what are we doing?" He sighed "Well you can sit here while I cook you dinner" I raised my eyebrows "Dinner?" He nodded "You don't cook" I stated "I am going to attempt" I tried to hide my nervous expressions but I could tell he could see right through it "Your annoying" he left the room and I laughed.

I was cool with the whole turning our phones off thing but I didn't tell Taylor and I knew she was gonna worry that James probably killed me or some shit so I quickly searched my bags and seen that's my phone was in there so I turned it on and I swear it took forever to come on but when it did I had 5 messages and 3 miss calls from Taylor as expected, 4 text from Chris, and surprisingly 2 text from Eric.

I responded to Taylor first since her text were  obviously that she was panicking
"I'm fine, won't be on my phone but text you on my way back"

Short and simple.

Then I texted Chris, he was talking about how my business trip was which was the perfect lie, probably the same lie James told to his wife
"I'm sorry boo, Crazy busy here and I really need to focus but I'll text you on my way back"
And now that I got that out the way it was time to see what Eric wanted.

He sent one text saying
"You tried me and must have forgotten who I am"
My heart drop but then he sent another one saying
"We need to talk"
I didn't even want to respond.

All sort of things started popping through my head, as fucked up as it sounds I didn't want to lose Eric. Something about him just made me want him more every time we talked...especially every time we had sex.

"I'm on a business trip love but when I come back , let's meet"

I quickly sent that before turning my phone back off.

"You couldn't go 1 hour here without checking your phone" James said from the doorway scaring the crap out of me "Well I forgot to text Taylor and I didn't want her to think I died or something but I turned it off see" I showed him my phone and he stuck his hand out "Give it to me" I sighed handing it to him and he put it in his pocket "I know your cooking but maybe..." I sat up on the bed and crawled to edge in front of him "if your not too tired" he smirked grabbing my waist and pushing me back on the bed.
I think I'm gonna love this weekend.