Ch. 3 Is that a girl with him?

Katherine walks between Benny and her younger stepbrother. She glanced at Benny, seeing him bite his lips and looking uncomfortable.

" What's wrong? Cat got your tongue," Katherine teases. " Are you that surprised that I'm a girl?" She asked.

Benny turns his gaze to Katherine.

" Pfft! I thought you were like a pretty boy or something," Benny muttered while kicking a pebble.

Katherine amusingly stared at Benny.

" So you think I'm pretty?" Katherine asked.

Benny stared at Katherine with a conflicted look. His ears begin to get red, and he looks at his surroundings nervously. He didn't know what to say to her without hurting her feelings and having his mom skin him alive for making a lady cry.

" I'm only teasing you," Katherine snickered.

" My stepsister likes to wear male clothing because it makes her feel comfortable," Scotty explains, breaking the awkwardness.

" Stepsister?" Benny asked with a raised eyebrow.

" My dad married his mom," Katherine merely explained.

" Ah," Benny nods his head in response. " So, an Angels hat, huh," He changed the subject. His chocolate brown eyes stared at Katherine's Angels hat. " Seriously?" He points at it.

" Hey! I am aware that the Angels get considered babies within the Major leagues because they are new. But, someday, they will win a World Series!" Katherine proudly speaks. " And also, their colors complement well with my red hair," She lets her ponytail hit Benny's face.

" More like they clash," Benny playfully rolled his chocolate brown eyes.

" Here," Benny grabs Katherine's Angels hat, which causes the redhead to stare at him.

" Hey! Give it back!" Katherine adorably glares at Benny.

" This hat will look good on you," Benny takes off his Dodgers hat and puts it on Katherine's head. " See! Doesn't blue look good on your sister's red hair, Smalls?" He asked Katherine's younger stepbrother.

" Smalls?" Scotty raised an eyebrow at Benny's nickname. " And he is right, Katherine. That blue cap complements your red hair nicely and brings out your eyes," He warmly smiled.

" Are you sure?" Katherine asked, looking and sounding in disbelief.

Benny's chocolate brown eyes intently stared at Katherine's blue eyes.

" It does," Benny whispered.

" Now this hat is mine," Katherine pulls out her tongue at Benny.

" Keep it," Benny grinned. " I have a lot of Dodgers gear," He proudly tells Katherine.

" Then you are going to wear my hat, huh?" Katherine asked with a raised eyebrow.

" Me? Pfft! I will not let an Angels hat touch my head. Here, Smalls, you wear it," Benny puts the Angels cap on Scotty's head.

" Are you okay with that?" Scotty asked his older stepsister.

" I'm okay with it. You look cute in it," Katherine gushed while pinching her younger stepbrother's cheek.

" Kat!! I'm not five!" Scotty whined while blushing, looking and feeling embarrassed.

Benny's gaze softened when he saw Katherine embarrassing her younger stepbrother. He has always wondered what it was like to have siblings since he is an only child. He thought it must be nice to have someone keep you company since you won't feel lonely at home whenever your parents are at work.