03 • The Man's Promised

🐰🐱

"jeon jeongguk, wether you like it or not, you will be attending the blind date!" his dad shouted.

"dad, why are you rushing my wedding? i've been single on my whole life and besides i have an eye for the girl i like.." he said calmly.

"then when are you going to make a move!? my only wishes is that you will be a great ceo of our company and i found out that you're not that interested anymore, so i might considering to sign you up on a blind date of one of my friend's daughter."

"dad!! that's too much. i can't and i won't go." he replied, this time he's a bit annoyed by the fact that his father set him up on a blind date.

"jeongguk, this is for your own good. i know you have an eye for that girl on your company. but try attending this blind date, you would be definitely happy." his father reconsidered, patting his shoulder.

"dad, how many times do i have to tell you? i won't go! mom, please!" jeongguk pleaded looking at his mother.

"i can't do anything, guk. besides, you're now 27 and you're getting older. please attend the date son, it's going to make you good." his mother said.

"so you're saying, this blind date i'm going is the girl i'm getting married with? how is that possible? i've been liking the girl on the company and you said that these blind date could make me happy? you simply telling me to give up on the girl i like.." jeongguk said, and leaves them on the living room to go at his room, slamming the door.

"jeon jeongguk! come back here!!" his father shouted. "calm down, hon. i'm sure he will go, just give him enough time to think." her wife said patting his back, calming him.

"i'll go talk to him." her wife said and go upstairs on the room of jeongguk.

at jeongguk's room. he was lying on the bed thinking on the words of his father and mother said.

"ugh, why it have to be me?!" he said, pulling his hair in frustration.

when he was still cursing himself, he heard a knock on the door.

"son? let's talk." her mother said.

"leave me alone, mom. i won't talk to anyone right now." he replied.

"son, please. let's talk about it. you can't just lock yourself at your room and curse." her mother said and that made jeongguk stood up at his bed and open the door for her mother.

"what is there to talk about, mom?" he asked and sat on his bed again.

"who's the girl you're liking with?" she asked.

"i'm not telling anyone, besides maybe you would kick her off on the company just because of the mere reason that i won't go on the blind date." he answered, her mother sat beside him on the bed.

"son, it's not like that. i was just asking, if you liked her why didn't you make a move? then it was easy for your father to stop the blind date."

"i can't mom. whenever she sees me, she ran away. i also don't have the balls to asks her out, or confront her since i was just happy to see her on the company, close yet so far." he answered and lied on the bed looking at the ceiling.

"then, if you're not going to make a move. you should attend the blind date, i mean try it out."

"what? so i can simply forgot the girl i like and get married to someone father set me up with? is that you're referring mom?" he said and look at her mother.

"it's not, son."

"then, what? you and dad wanted me to attend this blind date for your own good. you said that it will make me happy, but attending this blind date is not what i want!" he said and sat on the bed, pulling his hair.

"you need to sacrifice your happiness for your father, you know how much he loves the company yet he finds out that you're not that interested anymore, like you're losing the fun of your life. you're getting older, and setting you up on the blind date is what we think about."

"mom, i'm happy just by me, the company and seeing the girl i like from a far. i don't need to go on a blind date that it will do me worse."

"son, please, think about your father."

"fine! if you wanted me to go on this blind date- fine, i'll go. if ever i know that you do something on the girl i like, i would make sure that it will do worse mom."

"thanks son, one more thing. ask the girl on your blind date to get married."

"w-what?"

"your father wants that if you're finally agreeing, ask the girl to get married."

"mom! i won't plus i make myself clear, that i would be definitely go out with the girl i like not the girl i go on a blind date with!" this time he shouted.

"don't shout at me, like that. this is the only way for your father to be happy!" her mother said.

"just.. leave me mom, i still go on the blind date but let me think about this first." he said and lied at the bed, closing his eyes.

her mother looks at him, and then stood up and leaves his room.

jeongguk opens his eyes, once his mother leaves his room. a tear escape his eyes.

"i've been doing good on the company, i found a girl to like, but then, seeing what happen right now... i can't believe mom and dad do this." he whispered to himself softly, wiping the tears that coming out on his eyes.

"fine- i'll go and ask the girl to get married, once i found out that they kick the girl that i like on the company, i would definitely cancel the wedding." he said, sighing.

"just wait, lalisa you'll be going to be the love of my life. just wait- i will make a move once these all done. i promised."

he said, and smirked victoriously.

•••
a short one for today ~ enjoy! >ᴗ<
what do you think would happen next?
is jennie will be jeongguk's wife? stay tuned!