Chapter 42

Tessa

We talk more with Trish, until we hear the doorbell.

Hardin: "Our food is here. I'm going to open."

He gets up and he goes to take our order. A few moments later, he comes back with three boxes of pizza and a small box over them, then we walk to the kitchen. We eat the pizza, then he takes out some pancakes from the small box. Oh, my sweet boy. He's always thinking about me. As we finish eating, I feel nausea, I put my hand over my mouth and I run to the bathroom. Ugh, I hate this! I can't wait to feel better because this is killing me.

I throw up in the bathroom and I hear the door opening, then I feel Hardin's hands keeping my hair up. I'm glad he's next to me in these moments. He's so supportive and careful and I'm happy to have him.

"Are you okay?" He asks me a few minutes later.

"Yeah..." I was my face with cold water, then I go to sit on the edge of the bath tub.

"Do you want me to give you something?"

"Some lemon water, please."

"Good. Let me take you in our room and I will come there with your water and your vitamins, it's time to take them."

He lifts me up and I don't object, he takes me to our room, putting me on the bed. He kisses me and he leaves. A few minutes later, he's back with my water and my pills. I take the pills and I drink them.

"Thank you, Hardin."

"You're welcome, baby. Sleep if this helps you."

"What about your mother?"

"I will stay with her. She's fine if you will sleep. She understands you."

"Okay. I will go to sleep, then."

"Good. Sleep well, baby." He kisses my forehead and he leaves.

Hardin

I leave Tessa in our room and I walk back to my mother.

"How is she?"

"She's feeling better now. It hurts to see her in this state."

"She's pregnant and her body reacts to creating a new life. She will be fine in a few weeks."

"I know, but I'm sorry for her. I can't do anything for her."

"I know... But she will be fine soon. That baby will come on this earth soon..."

"Yeah... our little miracle." I smile.

"I still can't believe you're going to have a baby!"

"Me neither..."

"Are you scared?"

"Honestly? Yes. But I can't show this to Tessa. I have no idea how to take care of a baby, I have no idea what I'm going to do. But I'm sure we will learn together."

"When I had you, I didn't know what to do. But everything came normal, Hardin. It will take a few days to get used with the baby, but then you will feel like the baby was always with you. You and Tessa will do a great job as parents."

"Thank you, mum. I love you."

"And I love you." She hugs me. "After the baby will be born, if you and Tessa want, I can come here to help you."

"Let's not talk about this right now, okay?"

"Okay. But I want you to know that you can count on me."