They Met...

NOTES:

So, when I say everyone, I really do mean mostly everyone. From this moment on, I will be putting who the chapter involves coupled together with cale in spicy moments. Sometimes this will be more than one person, sometimes two seperate times, sometimes none at all. Most chapters are PWP and primarily follow canon with added in harem abo dynamics. That being said, I am not really focusing on main plot shenanigans, so if you want the fighting and the non-porn talk you'll need to read the actual story for the most part. This sorta edges around canon rather than being a cut and paste. Future beginning notes will follow the format below:
Pairing: Billos/Cale
TCF reference chapters:

This way it'll be incredibly easy for you to skip over pairs you don't like, all you'll need to do is find out whereabouts in canon you are for reference. To make this easy, I am naming the chapter after the parts most referenced from canon. For example, last chapter was 'when i opened my eyes.' and this one is 'They Met..' Hopefully that makes things easier for everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cale had a rather interesting first day in his new body so far. He knew he needed to prepare for his meeting with Choi Han, the hero of the novel and the person fated to beat him nearly to death so he didn't want to waste too much time.

He'd somehow not given himself away through his meeting with Eric and Ron, and got through a meal with Cale's family with minimal fuss. His father had only briefly spoken about Eric, seemingly uncaring about remaining cordial with the family which 'didn't deserve their time'. Cale had been slightly surprised to find a stack of papers with information on potential alphas from varying noble families in the area laid before him, but had promised to look through them when asked. Violan, who had a rather strained relationship with the original Cale, had even spoken up to offer her assistance to help find him someone suitable.

He'd barely been able to voice his refusal, making sure to do so in the kindest way possible. The fact that neither Basen or Lily blinked at the open discussion of a heat partner was rather shocking to ingrained sensibilities. Sure, Basen was fifteen and had a rut partner of his own now, one of similar age just as Cale's relationship with Eric had been, but Lily was only seven! Was such discussion so normalized that children were uncaring of such things?

After awkwardly eating through that conversation he'd taken his time to write and record everything he could remember about 'The Birth of a Hero', and then burnt it. Knowing he'd have that mediocre harem series in his head for all of time was a bit uncomfortable, but there were too many important details about the war for him to simply forget it.

At least he had a rather high chance of further enjoyable experiences if he sought them out. This world really was full of casual sex opportunities. Venturing through town proved as such.

Even with the background of the world explaining that people could be secret experts in brutal arts and a gruesome war on the horizon; it was accompanied by touchy greetings and easy going propositions. The first bakery he'd passed by while gathering some bread to gain a hidden ancient power involved a quick, scared exchange followed by Cale silently watching as another buyer went behind the stand and whispered into the bakers ear right in front of him, a hand disappearing into the folds of his clothing as scents spiked with shared arousal.

Neither of them seemed to pay him any mind, as if this was an expected social exchange that shouldn't bother him.

So, he'd gone about his business as best as possible, feeding a few orphans from the slums that had followed him and were trying to stop him from reaching his destination. They were odd ones among the populace. Most of the people he passed seemed to ignore him, a look mixed with fear and awe crossing their faces. He understood the fear; Cale was said to be a rather violent drunk even if he never harmed anyone who wasn't a crook of some kind. Even just being loud and boisterous was enough to worry the general public, especially if you were in a position of power.