Chapter Twenty Eight

"Huda." Huda jump startled as she gave the door a quick gaze. Just hearing his voice send shivers down her spine.

She has being avoiding him since morning and she is sure he noticed that but still he wouldn't let her be.

Moving to the stove at the same time the backyard door opened, He appear before it looking as radiant as ever.

He was in his grey jogas pants with a black tan having his signature warmth smile that melt her from the inside. Huda couldn't resist stealing a glance at him before she swiftly turn to her food not wanting him to see the smile on her face.

"Are you busy?" Yusuf asked casually as he stride and stop by the island, perceive the sweet aroma of whatever it is she is cooking.

Even after eating her food for the better part of the time they've been living together, he still find it hard to believe that she is that great at cooking.

"Yeah." Huda mumbles giving him her most apologetic fake smile cause she wants nothing more than for him to drop the issue knowing quite well what he wants to talk about.

"Is it urgent ?" Huda continue trying her hardest to appear nonchalant as she open the drawer beside her which made Yusuf to use the chance to check her out.

She is in a long light blue gown which hold her from the upper part of her body and went straight down. And her head is wrap in a darker shade of blue like any other day.

And speaking of her upper part, the image of her cleavage from the previous night suddenly pop in which immediately made him to close his eyes trying to make the image disappear.

"Can we...like..talk...." He shutters as he snap his eyes open then made sure that he put it on her face and her face only.

Huda stop then turn and fix her eyes on him with her hands place on the counter from behind.

"Alright." She mumbles calmly with a shrugs. "Am listening".

Yusuf look at her then look down a bit surprise by her attitude knowing quite well she knew what he is about to say.

"In private." He added raising his head to her face. Even though there is no one around he wouldn't want Anwar walking in on them talking about what happened yesterday.

Cause this morning the child so carefully told him not to mention the events to his Ummie, in his words.

Ummie doesn't usually remember what she does and she gets moody whenever he or mummy talks about it so they don't ever do that.

Which by the way Yusuf found absurd and he came up with the theory that Huda pretends she doesn't know in other to avoid being asked questions.

"You're kidding right." Huda murmured with a chuckles while turning back to her cooking.

Yusuf let his eyes lingers on his back surprise ad hell. Why will she even think that he is kidding?

"No. Huda." He blurt out voice flat folding his hands to his chest.
"Am damn serious..."

"I know you're serious." Huda interrupt turning to face him. "But you can't talk secrets when Anwar is living and breathing inside this house."

Yusuf scoff avoiding her gaze. This just confirm his suspicious that she is pretending not to know. Although it wasn't that much of a suspicious, he just knew that she is pretending.

"The boy is happily playing call of duty in my room upstairs for him to listen or even asked questions about our conversation." He retro a bit annoyed cause Huda is seriously getting on his nerve.