Chapter 47

Dark gray clouds gathered sullen in the sky. A lone figure sat at the edge of a cliff, staring down at the raging waters under him with seemingly empty emotion.

After having been with Wales and being his comforting Wolf friend, the Organizations have came back. Though it took a while to pry Wales off as he was a bit reluctant to leave.

"Ahem."

Russia turned his head slightly to see Ukraine behind him, arms crossed. He pried his eyes from her stern face and looked away.

"What do you want?"

"I don't want anything,"Ukraine spat back the reply with such venom that Russia looked back at her, again.

"What-?"

"Your country invaded me, Russia!"Ukraine said angrily, rage flashing in her eyes.
She must've expected more reaction, after all it was an invasion she was talking about and it was basically a declaration of war.

    Russia felt something jolt inside of him. He could not force himself to express emotion, though.

   Unfortunately, Ukraine misunderstood the announcement's inability to elicit a reaction.

     Ukraine could hardly believe it. Russia acted like he didn't care at all!

     In reality, Russia would. But, with China not here he just couldn't feel anything. Don't get him wrong, he can operate without his friends. Just, not as well.

     Very close friends were around him nearly all the time. So it was no shock that Russia really already missed China. It was natural.
       In fact, any of his friends go missing he would immediately go into a small depressed state. He needed friends to even feel normal.

       "Russia! Are you even listening?"Ukraine was fighting to keep calm. She just couldn't believe that he didn't care about the situation. She had to get through him somehow. To make him realize what his country was doing was wrong to her people.
      Deep down Russia just couldn't seem to believe that his friend had gone off and was somewhere he didn't know. He was hardly listening to what Ukraine was saying. Her words were just a faraway buzz in his mind.
      Although they were becoming sharper and sharper.
      Ukraine, did not understand that he wasn't in the right mind to listen.

    Russia had already looked away and wasn't listening to a single word she was saying now. He was wondering where China could've gone. How would North take it?
      He'd hate to break it to North that his best friend had disappeared into thin air. He himself couldn't think that China would just leave like that. It was unnatural.
     Russia was starting to feel hopeless, and even then Ukraine didn't seem to want to save words for later rants.

    Why couldn't Ukraine leave him alone? He hadn't taken in a single word Ukraine had said, despite how important they were.
       Snapping out of his mind for a moment he stood up and without saying a word to Ukraine, walked away.
     Ukraine stopped and sighed.
She probably shouldn't have gone off on him like that. But it wasn't her fault! His country invaded her.

   She had a right to be mad. Her country was in turmoil and only she knew why.
       She took deep breaths to calm herself. She needed Canada to keep her stabilized in an emotional way.
      She went over and sat down where Russia had been earlier. She looked back and saw that he was nowhere to be seen.
      The yellow and blue country stared out. She really had to get herself under control. Sure her brother's country might do some crazy things, (ok, that was an understatement she added) but was it really his fault? It wasn't like he was the one attacking her and personally it was the humans doing all the crap.

   They, as Countryhumans, merely represented their countries and didn't have a choice. So if their government or people did something, they usually are the ones to blame.
    Despite all this, Ukraine could almost understand why. The Countryhumans were defensive about their country. They'd protect and defend it when needed.

       "What?!"
North stared at Russia in disbelief.
      "You're kidding me,"NK said bluntly.
Russia shook his head. Then stared away.
     NK sighed. They were standing in the dormitory building after their class with Transformation, so NK hadn't heard about it. Or their other friends.
      North looked at Russia with an observing eye. He'd seen this before.
      Twice.
The first time was when Cuba went 'missing' and they didn't know where he went. Russia at that time had just locked himself in his room.
     Another time was when Vietnam and Laos went off to scare America and didn't tell anyone like the troublemaker idiots they were. Russia had his depressing self locked in a room again.

      Of course Russia was older now, he couldn't do that all the time. Even if he wanted to. Frowning to himself, NK had no idea what to do as he always had China to help him do this.
     He just realized how the Commies had all needed each other to stay stable.
     Vietnam, despite not really getting along with Laos, still liked talking to him and pranking America with him.
      North sighed. What could he do? Go find China? No idea where he was. Maybe he could ask Wales which direction he went off in. But Wales seemed to be in a troubled state at the moment, the Organizations had taken him to his dorm and is letting him rest.
     "Well, classes are canceled for the rest of the day,"North said. "We can try looking for him."
      Russia nodded slowly.
"Ok..." Although he had a feeling they wouldn't be able to find the Dragon. They had to at least try.  
     They decided it would just be the two of them. Too many and the Dragon might be spooked off. They couldn't know. The behavior of China had changed, so they needed to be ready for anything.