Chapter two

{Maya P.O.V}

I wake up to Daddy yelling with my dad, hah ironic, I quickly grab my robe and stuffie, forgetting that Im still in little space. I step into the living room, and I see dad on the couch with a woman beside him. Daddys back is to me, and it looks like hes scolding them.

Youre pathetic Will, youre just going to leave your only daughter for some whore! He shouts but the woman doesnt even seem fazed by what he called her.

Look, my dad saids, I dont really care what you think, its just 4 months shell be fine, I just want to know if I can rely on you or if I should just send her back with her mom,

Oh no I cant go back with my mom, not when..when hes still there, I open my mouth, preparing to beg Hunter to stay but before I can say anything hunter saids.

Ill do it, but after this you cant ask me for anymore favors,

Yes!! Thank you so much, ill pay you, my dad saids and my heart splits in half, I never knew he wanted to get rid of me, but it hurts more knowing that he wouldve been okay with sending me back tohim.

Dont worry about the money, Hunter saids and lets out a big sigh

Good, Im going to the car Will, the woman saids and plants a kiss on my dads cheek before leaving,

Ill go get Maya, Hunter saids and I quickly hide myself behind the kitchen counter.

Oh no, its fine, ill call her when Im on the road, my dad saids and tears are streaming down my face now.

Hunter walks to the door and opens it,

Bye will,

Bye and thank you so much, my dad saids and walks out, Hunter shuts and locks the door behind him,

FUUUUUUUCK, Hunter saids and kicks the side of the couch,

Mr. Jones, I say while stepping out of my hiding place,

He looks up at me and smiles, but I can tell its fake

What did I tell you to call me, sweetheart, he saids

Daddy, I say and run into his arms, not being able to stop the tears that are streaming down my face.

Hey, hey, why is baby crying?

I.heardeverything, I.Icant..believe.he..would.sendmeback..to..my.moms,

I say in between sobs, he lifts me up and starts to rock me back in fourth in his arms,

Dont daddy, Im heavy,

Are you saying Im weak? He saids, faking a hurt face

What?! No! I just meant, oh never mind, I give up and lay my head on his shoulder

Thank you for not leaving me, I whisper

I would never leave you,

Everyone leaves me,

Im not like everyone now close your eyes little one,

Yes daddy, I say

{Hunter P.O.V}

I lay her down in her bed and pull her covers over her, I step back and feel something soft under my feet, I look down and see Ella, I pick her up and place her under Mayas arms. I switch off the lights and go to the kitchen to grab a beer. Anger is still boiling inside me but seeing Maya cry really moved me. I never saw her cry even though her dad would always call her a crybaby, I remember the first time I ever saw her. She was ten and had a black shirt and jeans on, her hair was pulled back into a knotty ponytail. She was never shy so when she blushed and said she couldnt read my heart instantly stopped. I look over to the bookshelf in the corner of the room. Shes come a long way, I remember how she would always do everything for everyone, she would always buy all her classmates things on fieldtrips till she didnt have any money for herself, I remember how she would always lower head and make herself look smaller when everyone another man was near her even her father at first. She never did that with me though, she would talk my ear off sometimes. I remember when her dad told me that she was molested by her stepdad. I remember how all I could see was red, how could someone hurt such a sweet girl. And to think that after her father knew about it, he still wanted to send her back to him.

Daddy, I hear her soft voice

Yes princess, I say putting down my beer

Why are you crying? She asks

I was just remembering some stuff, come on lets get you back to bed, we have a big day tomorrow, I say and lift her up, heading for her bedroom.

We do?

Yup, now get some sleep, we cant have you sleeping while were doing the big thing, I say and lay her down. I start to walk away but she grabs onto my shirt.

Daddy, please stay with me, she whispers

Of course, I say and slip under the covers, she back up into me and I push her hair to the side giving me access to her neck, I give her soft kisses until we fall asleep.