6

I had spoke with the family and we had grown close. Kate and I had stayed in our rooms reading most of the day. It was nice being able to relax out of prying eyes.

Edwina had been getting changed before we went to sleep. She had been excited during the day, Lord Bridgerton must have done something.

"He is quite funny."

"Hmm. A good thing, I suppose."

"Intelligent too."

"I would have not expected otherwise."

"And the conversation, there were no awkward pauses."

"Really."

"No truly disastrous lulls."

I looked at her as Kate questioned what they spoke about.

"What... What did you talk about?"

"His family, to begin with."

"So it was all about him, then?"

"Bon, if the conversation felt one-sided..."

I moved to the end of my bed and Kate moved beside me.

"Only it did not. I was convinced my poor showing on the pall-mall field left the viscount feeling... indifferent. But he asked me questions about myself, about our family."

I could see the way she was, she was happy and I knew whether I liked it or not they would continue to court each other.

"He was interested in everything I had to say, Didi. In the books I have read, even in the books I have not."

"Well, uh, I... I only hope his intentions were genuine and nothing less."

"I truly believe something will come of this"

She chuckles as we sit down.

"A proposal, Didi. I can feel it."

"We'll I hope you stay true to yourself and have fun."

👑

Kate and I had been sitting with the younger Bridgerton siblings. Violet had been sitting with me, I had been holding the child. He was laughing and giddy like yesterday.

Daphne walked in and seen me playing with him, I smiled and looked up at her.

"I hope you do not mind, he is just so adorable."

"It is of no problem, he enjoys any attention."

The other siblings had soon came in, I had tickled the boy as he laughed.

"Miss Sharma, I hope I'm not intruding with this question but I was wondering have you ever thought of having children."

"Yes, I took care of my sisters for so long. You could say it's just the maternal instinct but I love them. I always wanted children of my own but I have always but them first so my own happiness was put on hold."

"You should look for someone, children are great pleasure."

"Yes well as of right now, it is no choice for me. Once my sister and mama are taken care of them it's different."

She nods, I stand up and look at the siblings. I smile and excuse myself as I make my way back up to my room.

👑

I made my way onto the balcony with a platter of tea and cakes. Eloise had come out with her book.

"Hi. You must not let the game of pall-mall dismay you. Antagonism is, I'm afraid, what you must expect."