056

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
Chapter Fifty Six:
"Finding The Nemeton."
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

IT HAD BEEN HOURS SINCE THE THREE OF THEM WENT UNDER.

And in those hours Annabeth had spent her time either sleeping, crying, or having a panic attack. And after five hours of pacing in the back room of Deaton's clinic he suggested that the three teenagers in the room leave and take care of themselves, as in eat food and get some rest, because if she was honest she couldn't remember the last time she had done either of those things.

Considering everything in their lives had gone to shit, she, Lydia and Isaac all decided that they would feel much more comfortable just staying with eachother. They thought it best if they waited as a unit for their friends to come out of their sacrificial ice baths. None of them had known just how long it would be until Scott, Stiles and Allison would wake up. So they all went to their places (Isaac's being Scott's house where he seemed to be staying) and they packed a few things, agreeing to stay at Annabeth's apartment since she was pretty much all alone without a father and also without a sister for the time being.

So when the two teens got to her place they made themselves at home, and together they did whatever they could to not think. That was the rule they made together, they couldn't think about what was happening at the clinic, they told themselves that Deaton had it handled and he promised to call them as soon as anything changed in any of their states.

Let's just say... it was a very long and excruciating 16 hours.

But on the bright side, she felt even closet with Lydia and Isaac, and now the curly blonde boy and red-haired girl were talking more than they ever had. Lydia had even apologized for how she treated him back in her "popular girl" days, and it was all water under the bridge as they hugged it out.

The hard part of it all was Annabeth being awake while Lydia and Isaac were asleep. The "not thinking" thing only worked for so long, and Isaac and Lydia were her distractions from falling into the dark pit that is her mind. So when they were out, her thoughts came to play and it was... not pretty.

She would lock herself in the bathroom, and just lay there on the floor sobbing, so hard that her chest ached and she felt as if she couldn't breathe. After a little bit of being curled up on the bathroom rug Isaac would find her, considering he had insomnia and could only sleep for a certain amounts at a time. The boy would carry her in his arms before placing her back on the couch and holding her close, then they would just sit there and talk about whatever they were feeling.

Sometimes it was Annabeth explaining to him that she really wants to Stiles' girlfriend, and then she would explain that she's terrified because she's never even been someone's girlfriend before. And other times Isaac would talk about how he really like her sister, but at the same time he felt guilty because Allison was Scott's ex girlfriend and he and Scott were getting closer and closer with everyday that passed.

Neither of them had answers for one another, it was just good to be heard.

And when Isaac was actually sleeping really good, Lydia would find her. And two best friends would talk as well about pretty much anything. But the most common was the two on her computer looking up what a Banshee is and discussing what this means for her strawberry blonde friend. The Martin girl was freaked, and Annabeth didn't blame her. If she was a supernatural creature that was connected to the dead she'd be pretty terrified herself. But she told her that no matter what, she was always gonna be there for her, come hell or high water.