064

Chapter Sixty Four: ( Atomic Number Coding )

Chapter Sixty Four:
( Atomic Number Coding )

Anna was at the Stilinski household after school that very same day, Stiles was working on his crime board a few feet away whilst she was laying on the edge of his bed. She was hanging there upside down toying with the yarn that he had sprawled all over the floor. Her fingers were tangled in the soft string as she watched her boyfriend stick his multiple colorful push pins into the bulletin board of photos on his wall.

"You know, I don't think you've ever told me what the different colors of string represents." Anna marveled, catching the chocolate-brown brunette's attention.

"Oh," Stiles cranes his neck, "It's just different stages of the investigation. So green is solved, yellow is to be determined, and blue is just... pretty." He shrugged, with a marker in hand as he faces the wall again.

"I'm assuming Red would mean... unsolved." She makes a brief glance at his wall, "And it looks like you mostly only have red string on the wall."

Stiles looks back, his lips pursed. "Yes, I am aware, babe. Thank you."

Anna sighed heavily, afterwards she sunk to the floor in a flip as she used her hands to land before sitting against the edge of the bed on the carpet. And after grabbing the red string once more that she was tying around her finger, she drops her head back against his mattress. "Hey, Stiles?"

"Yeah?" He asked, absentmindedly as he focused on the board in front of him, the gears in his mind turning as he ponders about the information that he found on William Barrow.

"I'm sorry for getting you detention for pulling the alarm." She said quietly, her guilt eating at her from the inside out. She knew that the plan was her idea, she should've been the one to get in trouble for it, not Stiles.

"Don't worry about it, Anna." He tried to assure her, "We were onto something, I know we were."

Her gaze remained on her fingers that were tangled in the red string, "But we have nothing to show for it. All you have is detention because of me." Her voice faltered at the end, making the teen a few feet away glance back at her, a frown placing itself on his lips.

"Hey." He says softly, walking over to the girl who's sitting on the floor. He crouches down infront of her and took ahold of her hands, ceasing her finger tangling she was doing with the yarn. "We all thought that Barrow was in the school, okay? And we all thought that our friends and the entire school was in danger. And I made the final decision to pull that alarm, okay?"