ONE

I found myself on a dark street as I exited the metro. The dankness held over the rough road as I sauntered over the cold stone of the path. The course, being without light, caused a disquiet in me. The feeling of another being close behind stalking me as I sink into the darkness. This apprehension became so great, that it caused me to stop and turn. Without discerning a soul I continued on my route. But this still did not rid me of my angst.

I ducked behind the corner of a building with my heart hammering against my ribs

I ducked behind the corner of a building with my heart hammering against my ribs. The expectation of trepidation worsened me. I began to relax.  I turned only to see the black silhouette of a man. He was faced directly at me and slowly perambulated to me. 

This arose a nervous tremor of emotion in me. I darted down the streets as quickly as I may. I lost myself, in my hastening, down an assumed side-street when in reality it was an alley. When I turned hoping to find I still had the time to exit the alley I saw the silhouette standing there. My stalker aggressed me. I screamed in terror as a plea of help to anyone who could hear but none came to my aide. As my eyes tightly shut, I fell from being pummelled by my assailant. I kept crying for another to save me. When I opened my eyes less than a moment from my thrashing, no one was to be found. Yet my clothes were torn and shredded.