C H A P T E R • T H R E E

1796

Minutes passed into days so effortlessly in the Bridgerton household

Minutes passed into days so effortlessly in the Bridgerton household. It seemed to be such bliss for Millicent who felt as though she was royalty. Violet liked to pamper her and dress her the finest of dresses, having them already prepared for a young Daphne. Millicent was smaller and so the dresses supposed to fit a 6 year old were able to just fit Millicent however Violet knew she would grow out of them eventually.

But they were originally prepared for Daphne in a mere few years. Edmund insisted on teaching her along with the brothers on their weekly weeks, showing the grounds and telling wonderful stories of the house the Bridgertons were able to call home. She would sit with the boys through their lessons and best them all, even Anthony at that of mathematics, literature and science.

As well as Violet took her aside to teach her mending and sewing, to which a lady should know.

"Apologies Lady Bridgerton but I do not enjoy this." Violet laughed at her honesty, something Violet had come to enjoy about Millicent over the few days she had spent in her company.

"Yes, well to become a young Lady you must know these things, for it will prepare you to become a mother." A groan escaped her lips as she put the mending down on the sofa she was seated on and got up to look out the window.

"Do you not wish to marry?" Violet asked as Millicent watched Edmund teach Benedict and Anthony fence whilst Colin stood beside his father with a stick and copied his mannerisms. Millicent smiled and shook her head before turning round to face Violet who had looked up from her own sewing.

"I wish to study numbers and equations. I plan to run the family finances as it is what I enjoy. I am much better than all of your sons at it in fact." Violet smiled and nodded.

"I do believe that I have been informed of Miss Millicent." Millicent walked back towards where she was sitting and picked up the mending.

"May I be excused to continue outside my Lady?"

"Of course. I should go and spend some time with young Daphne in the nursery." Millicent nodded and grabbed her things. She also grabbed the book that had been left on the table side. Smiling and bowing her head slightly Millicent proceeded to walk out of the room.

"Millicent?" Violet spoke as she stood up. The young girl froze in her tracks and turned around.

"Yes my lady?"

Violet smiled and shook her head, staying silent.

"Nothing my dear, please go enjoy the grounds." Millicent nodded before leaving the drawing room. She walked the long way around, carrying her book and mending around Aubrey Hall. It felt as though a place of peace, she had not once spared a thought for Cranbrook House and the family she had left behind. A smile formed on her lips as she reached the door to the Bridgerton garden grounds. Looking out, an inhale was taken as she could smell all the flowers but the one sticking out to her with the most prominent smell was lilies. Jumping down slightly she walked the lengths of the gardens.