C H A P T E R • F I V E

edited - NO ONE SERIOUSLY TOLD ME I HAD PUT chapter 6 instead of chapter 5 for LIKE 3 HOURS? wow but this is chapter 5 I promise I haven't skipped a chapter

1796

Before she knew it, Millicent was sat one afternoon with Daphne in the nursery, keeping her occupied whilst Violet, who was now very heavily pregnant, had left for a moment

Before she knew it, Millicent was sat one afternoon with Daphne in the nursery, keeping her occupied whilst Violet, who was now very heavily pregnant, had left for a moment. Colin had joined the two as they were having a tea party orchestrated by a young Daphne Bridgerton.

Millicent had just taken a sip of her pretend tea that was as a matter of fact just water, the maids along with Violet wanted to allow Daphne to pretend with an actual liquid, when there was a clatter. All three turned their attention to the door before Millicent put down the china and stood.

"Stay here." The two nodded as she went into the corridor and walked down. As she checked every room Benedict met her in the middle of the corridor.

"Did you hear that?" She asked as Benedict nodded.

"I just thought Daphne had dropped her tea set." Millicent shook her head as the two continued to walk down the corridor checking every room. But no one was around, that was until the pie turned the corner and saw Violet who had falling over, taking off all candlesticks and decorative pieces from the side of a cabinet.

She wasn't crying in pain but breathing, panting almost. Millicent and Benedict looked to each other before she took initiative control.

"Ben, help Lady Bridgerton up to her room and onto her bed. I shall find a maid to occupy your siblings and find Lord Bridgerton."

Benedict didn't even get a chance to say anything because Millicent took off so quickly running through Aubrey Hall. The first maid she saw, she informed of what was happening inside the Bridgerton home to which the maid ran off to inform the rest of the household.

Millicent was off running in the opposite direction of any maid she passed. Looking everywhere that Lord Bridgerton could be, Millicent was pushing through doors and searching endless corridors until she looked out a window that you would be able to view a wide length of the gardens to which she saw Anthony walking back towards Aubrey Hall with his riding gear on.

He wasn't with any of his siblings which could only mean he was previously with his father or his tutor. She was hoping it was his father. Millicent ran down the stairs and pushed open the doors and met Anthony as soon as she got out of the doors.

"Millicent wh-"

"Were you just riding with your father?" Millicent asked incredibly quickly. He looked at her and could see the rush and panic in her face.

"Yes bu-" That was all Millicent needed before she took off down the gardens with Anthony watching her do so. He had absolutely no idea what was happening but ran down the stairs after her.