Chapter 15: escape the construction site begins!

wake from your sleep
the drying of your tears
today, we escape, we escape

- radiohead, "exit music, (for a film)"

———————————  ||  ———————————

jae's perspective:

we were finally free, those damn things can't catch us now, hah!.

i shouldn't jinx it though. at least now that everyone is safe, thanks to on-jo's father busting through that door putting all his fatherussy into it.

and now, we're all just watching both on-jo and her dad hug and have a bonding moment.

"are you kids okay?" oh that was quick. now my turn.

"mr nam!" i called out and excitedly hugged him until he asked if we could run and explained where to run before a zombie had the audacity to ruin his speech.

right as it came, mr nam wwe'd his ass and we all ran.

"to the tennis court!" he shouted as we had ran to that exact location as i stayed behind just to make sure nobody got left behind.

and now, we're surrounded. it was painfully obvious that they'll get through those doors, and so, they did.

mr nam had been able to distract them, and before they could come back, i knew what to do.

"mr nam. jump!" i called out as he jumped into my arms while we all ran away.

"nobody is dying on my watch!" we all ran to the construction site.

we're safe right? no we aren't.

right as we got upstairs, the hambies of our group had heard the steps of zombies running like their rent was due in a few minutes towards us.

just like bts said, 'dasi run run run' and so we did, making it to a safe area outside of the building before we had to conjur up another plan to escape.

that was until i could see something wrong with baek-hyeon.

"hyung?" i'm worried. he looks pale, sickly pale.

"are you okay?" we were sitting close to one another so we only needed to whisper to each other. it felt as if nothing was wrong, until i saw his arm.

'shit'

"jae?" he turned towards me. tears descend down his eyes.