Chapter 1

Seven years later

Emilia

As I drive down in this old truck that I bought off the side of the road, I wipe the tears going down my face. I quickly look up in the rearview mirror and see my dark brown hair is matted with blood and my lip is busted. Before all of this I had beautiful tan skin but now I am covered in cuts and bruises. My once vibrant green eyes now look dull and lifeless. My six-year-old daughter Alessia looks almost exactly like me except her hair is curly compared to my straight hair and her eyes are a deeper green.

I hope Alessia's father Seth and that sick son of a bitch Boris doesn't look for us, but I know that is highly unlikely because who else will be his cum dumpster and maid. Seth was your typical bad boy with deep green eyes and short brown hair that was slightly spiked on the top. I used to run my fingers through his hair or run my fingers over his slight soft stubble of the facial hair. He never grew it for more than a few weeks before he would shave it off and let it grow out again. He had this rugged, bad boy attitude and because I was being stupid and grieving my family through drinking, partying and wild sex with Seth. And that is how I became pregnant with Alessia.

When I told him that I was pregnant he didn't believe me but made me live with him. I didn't know he lived with Boris and some employees.

The thought of Boris creeps me out. He is a pig; I don't think he understood the concept of proper personal hygiene. His face and hair were always oily, he constantly smelled like old cigars and whiskey. He had wrinkles all over his face more than a man in his forties should have, he kept his oily brown hair to his ears. He would make me uncomfortable when his beady eyes would never leave my body regardless of what I was doing. You could see he was high most of the time because of how huge his pupils were where you could barely see the brown in his eyes. I always felt uneasy because I was worried, he would do something to Alessia. I can be sure their work is illegal, but I never asked. I probably should have asked, but I didn't want to find out the consequences from asking.

I am still very afraid of them even though My mind keeps replaying our past and I keep wondering how I could have let things go so far. I was being a coward and put my daughter's life in jeopardy. I am a terrible mom. "I am so sorry Principessa della mamma I promise from now on I will do whatever it takes to make sure you are never in harm's way again." (Mama's princess)