Chapter 4

Emilia

I lay awake next to Alessia for hours and I still can't fall asleep so I decide to go downstairs and get something to drink, hoping that will help me get some rest. I hobble down the stairs on my crutches, trying to be as quiet as possible as I limp into the kitchen, where I find Theo nursing a beer.

"Hey, you want a drink?" he asks looking over at me. I give him a short nod, and he hands me a bottle of water. "Couldn't sleep?" He asks, and I shake my head as I lower myself onto a stool at the kitchen counter.

"No. A lot has happened in the past couple days; I haven't been able to process it." I say taking a swig of my water.

"I can imagine so. Now that Alessia is asleep, why don't you tell me everything that happened."

"Okay, but don't interrupt me. Let me get it all out first." He nods and gestures for us to go sit in the other room. He holds his hand out to help me off the stool and I follow him, taking a seat and sit down on the couch. He grabs a pillow and props my leg up on it, then goes back into the kitchen and comes back with an ice pack.

"Figured you could ice your ankle while you talk."

I thank him and take a deep breath, closing my eyes for a moment, getting myself ready to finally expose myself and be vulnerable to Theo. I open my eyes and I look down at my lap, refusing to meet his eyes as I tell my story.

"About eight years ago, while I was at work, my house caught fire. Mama, Papa, Giovanni, and Franco were all inside, and they died in the fire. All barricaded in so no one could get out. After that, I went on a wild careless streak. I started partying and drinking a lot, and I met Seth. We hooked up a lot, and I don't know if we ever used protection. I was always too drunk, until I found out I was pregnant. I went to Seth and told him that I was pregnant. I didn't want his help but I wanted him to know. He wasn't happy, and we got into a fight about it being my fault.

"He forced me to move into his house, and at the time I thought he lived alone. I found out pretty quickly he didn't. He lived with his partner, Boris, who is a sick, sadistic, perverted old man. As soon as he saw me, he became obsessed with me. There were also maybe about ten other men, Seth and Boris' employees, who came in and out of the house regularly.

"I knew something wasn't right from the start. I tried to leave, and I was caught. My punishment was given by Boris, and I will never forget that day. I had to spend a week in his room, naked and chained to his bed and I wasn't allowed to tell him no. He raped me, over and over. In the beginning, I fought back but by the end of the first day I just did what he told me to do.

I'm crying now, big, ugly tears and snot running down my face, Theo pulls me closer to him and I feel safe enough to continue.

"Luckily, Alessia was never hurt during that week. I was in so much pain, even after that week, that I couldn't walk, so they ended up throwing me in the basement until I could gather my strength enough to serve the men. Once I recovered enough to move, it was decided that the only way I would be allowed to eat is if I cleaned the house every day and pleasured the men when they ordered it. Seth even joined in on the punishment and would whisper evil comments in my ear while he was raping me." I sob, and Theo tightens his arms around me. "I dealt with it because I was trying to keep Alessia alive.

"When I went into labor, they threw me in the bathtub and told me to shut my mouth and hurry up. I was so scared, I was petrified that one of us was going to die. I was in labor for over twenty hours, and I was so weak from the labor they called a doctor to come help deliver her. The doctor told Seth that I was lucky to survive and I that shouldn't have sex of any kind for at least eight weeks because of the tearing. Seth played the doting boyfriend and new father part well. As soon as that doctor was gone, they put Alessia in another room, then dragged me to the kitchen and tied me to the table, facedown with my ass in the air, so they could take turns on my ass. Then, I was beaten with a spiked whip thirty times. I had to make a new deal with them to make sure Alessia could have what she needed. I was their guest's entertainment, anything they wanted I had to give it to them. I was to obey them, bow when speaking to them, never tell them no and be their good little slut.