Chapter 7

Ugh not again, I think. They did a number on my body. Wait no I am not at Seth's anymore. Then it all comes back to me. Zaira slapping Alessia, me attacking Zaira then Eleanor and the guard whipping me and probably broke my hand. I quickly open my eyes and I see that I am not in the chains anymore. They unhooked me and dropped me on the ground. I sit up wincing at the pain, I am still in my bra and underwear. They didn't give me any type of medical attention, not like I ever got any in the past.

I look at the small window and it's dark outside which means it's been hours and my so-called boyfriend has yet to come find me or he let me get treated this way. Regardless, if this is his way of protecting us, we are better on our own. I turned my head to the door, and they left it open. What a bunch of idiots or it's a trap well I am not going to waste a chance of escaping. I stand up, my back and legs hurt like a bitch, but I need to get going. I push myself on shaky legs and open the door the rest of the way and peek my head out and one of the guards is sleeping in a chair. I walked behind the chair and put him in a choke hold. He wakes up and tries to fight me. I just squeeze harder and within seconds he stops fighting and his arms drop. I slowly release him and bring him to lay on the ground. I am glad Papa taught me to defend myself. I steal his shirt, so I am covered running around the mansion. Last thing I need to do is attract more attention when I am trying to get me and Alessia out of here.

I quietly keep walking up the stairs, a couple times I must stop and hide when guards pass by me. I finally get to Alessia's room and quietly open the door and the T.V. is on and I see Alessia asleep on the bed and Vittorio is asleep sitting up on the couch in an uncomfortable position. I feel bad for doing the same thing to him as I do the guard, but he is loyal to Mateo. I need to cut all ties with anyone associated with him or his mafia. I put him in a choke hold, but I put more pressure on his neck than I did the guard. He wakes up but I squeeze my arms with everything I got, and he quickly puts up a fight but passes out. I lay him down on the couch. I change into my clothes and boots. I wrote a note to Vittorio.

Vittorio,

Sorry about me putting you in a choke hold but I can't have anyone stop me. After Eleanor and the guard tortured me and no one came to find me after being there for hours. I don't feel like we will be safe here. Oh, and give the guard from the basement his shirt back and apologize to him for knocking him out too. Thank you for all you have done while we were here. You will always hold a special place in our heart. Tell Mateo the deal is off and don't bother looking for us, our safety is no longer his concern since he failed to protect us on the first day we were here.

Love,

Emilia and Alessia

I stick the note on the bed.

I am glad we never unpacked our stuff and that Theo barely let me use the money I have. I see Alessia is in her PJ's. I woke her up. "Shh Alessia, we need to leave, but you need to be very quiet." She nods at me when I hand her clothes she does as I asked and quickly changes. I grab her PJ's and pack them in the bag. "I give her a small smile. I grab her hand and we quietly walk out of the room. We had to hide in the bathroom during the guard shift change.

Once the hallway was cleared again, we snuck out the back door. We were crouched down behind a bush; I was looking for a way to either distract the guard or a way to sneak past them so we could get over the gate without being spotted. I heard two guards talking to each other and they were talking about how one was leaving for the day. I watched as a guard was loading stuff into the back of an old pickup truck and walked back into the mansion. I tell Alessia to wait by the bush. I go and look, and he has a bunch of gardening tools and tarps already in the bed of his truck. I quickly throw the bags in the back and quickly grab Alessia. I put her in the back of the truck, and I got in behind her. We climb underneath the tarp. "Lay as flat as possible. Hold my hand the whole time and once we are somewhere safe, I will explain everything to you." I whisper to her and she nods her head. I can't believe how easy it has been to escape. I just hope I am not leading us to another trap. We hear the truck door open and close, and a minute later the engine turns on. And he starts driving off, I rub my thumbs over the back of Alessia's hands to reassure her everything is okay. I feel her squeeze my hand back.