They're Coming

Prince Francis led the elven girls and the little imp to the river Shannai. They cried the whole time as they felt pain jab at the cuts on their legs with every step they took.

Francis was a young man of seventeen years; much older than Phadia and Yasmin. He lived with his mother, Leana and his sister, Erina. They lived beside the river Shannai, not in a tree like Phadia, but in a large gypsy wagon built by Francis' father many years ago. Every month they would all get inside and travel someplace new.

They had been travelling through Trelis for over a fortnight and now that their wagon was parked near the river, Francis had the chance to row the dryads over the water in his wonderful boat.

The company was close to the river now. Francis' family wagon was resting in a clear spot where the trees were broken up nicely letting sunlight through. A small campfire had been made near the wagon the night before.

Phadia thought about what travelling like this would be like. Making a new home every month didn't sound nice at all.

"Ma come quickly," Francis called, "the bandershee have been hurt badly."

Francis' mother was almost as beautiful as the Vila. She stepped outside of the wagon where she'd been relaxing, not expecting much. She gasped when she saw the elven girls covered in cuts. She didn't even notice the little imp beside them until she got closer.

"Oh, no this is terrible," Leana cried. "Don't worry the water sprites can help you ease the pain." She turned to the shimmering water and yelled, "Misa! Misa! I need your help."

A tiny water sprite zipped toward her. Her blue eyes were big and round and she wore a dress made out of a lily pad.

Water sprites were a part of the species of pixie and all pixies had quills for hair. They spoke really quickly, their voices sounded like a hummingbird's wings and they hardly ever touched the ground.

This sprite was called Anneliqua du'Misa and she had become fast friends with Francis' mother.

"Misa," Leana said, "bring your children here – I need all the help I can get. The bandershee need your healing water magic."

Francis looked concerned. "I thought you had remedies for this, what happened?"

"We ran out. Only the water fairies can help them now." Leana turned to the elven girls. "Just lay down. Misa's children will help you."

They didn't have much of a choice; stiff and sore from the wounds they collapsed on the ground.

"My name is Leana by the way," she added.

Francis looked at Yasmin." What's your name, dryad?"

He was so beautiful that Yasmin couldn't speak.

"Yasmin," Phadia answered for her, "her name's Yasmin. We're here to cross the river. Could you please let us ride in your boat?"

"Yes, you may."

Phadia groaned. "How long will it take to heal?"

"Oh, I'm afraid it isn't that easy," Leana said, "the water fairies can numb the pain but the cuts will mostly still be there. I'm sorry that happened to you." Leana couldn't hold it in any longer she pointed at the imp and said, "Why is that creature with you? You know he'll only stir up trouble."

Phadia wasn't sure what to say to that. But she was certain that the imp didn't mean any harm. He hadn't done anything wrong so far and soon she'd prove he was never going to.

At that moment, Misa came back with all five of her children. Three girls and two boys. They divvied up so they could treat the wounds of all their guests quickly.