Step 1. Find your allies

"Three years! Gulf! Three years! How did you even keep your chastity when you are living with that gorgeous hunk?", Mild one of Gulf's friends exclaimed. Gulf groans inwardly, regretting his decision to open up about his situation to his friends.

"Mind you, Mild. They are also sleeping on one bed. Well, as Gulf said, quite literally", Min added.

"Min...", Gulf protested. "Perhaps he is just uninterested in me", he whispered dejectedly. The group of people around him look at him with mixed emotions – disbelief, confusion, pity, sadness.

Gulf's group of friends are just like him, older than the normal students in their department, aside from Kaownah, the youngest among them. Pleng and Mild are like him; because of financial circumstances, couldn't go to university until later. While Min and Up are taking their second degree. Min is also a cousin of his husband.

"Even your drool is interesting for Mew, believe me. What?! I'm telling the truth. I saw Mew stupidly smiling one time before wiping Gulf's drool. He looked so happy looking at Gulf sleeping. You guys have met or seen Mew once or twice already. Did you think they aren't a couple when you saw them together? I've seen them plenty of times in family gatherings. I can bet the whole family fortune that my cousin feels the same way as Gulf", Min commented. She is just confused when Gulf told them that the couple hadn't consummated their marriage all this time.

"But if that is the case, then why won't he touch and sleep with Gulf?", Pleng asked.

"Technically, he does touch Gulf, and they are sleeping together. He is still regularly kissing and hugging you, isn't he?", Min asked.

Gulf nodded. Their kisses are more like smack, or light touching of their lips. Mew is also a hugger, which he discovered long ago. But their physical intimacy ends with those, and those are at most for public appearances. Gulf's mom stayed with them for about two years after being discharged to the hospital and for her sake, they often show some skinship that eventually becomes a habit between them. And as Min mentioned, even if Mew was basically disowned by his father, they still go to the family gatherings, particularly with Mew's mother's side. And of course, they also need to show Mew's family that their union is because of mutual affection. Although Mew didn't hide the fact where they met, everyone believed that it was love at first sight. A year ago, Gulf'smom left and went back to the province to live with some of their relatives. But even so, Mew's touches continue as usual much to Gulf's suffering since he had long wanted more to happen between him and his husband. He had known that his husband, that kind and loving man, has owned his heart a long time ago.

Up, "Did he perhaps have some sort of chastity vow or anything? He isn't planning to be a monk or a priest, is he? He did disagree to marry someone before he met Gulf"

Mild, "Or maybe he is waiting for someone. Did he have any ex he couldn't get over yet? Like those in the drama"

"Stop with your wild guesses", Min said frustrated.

"Had Mew shown any changes these days?", Pleng asked calmly, trying to know more about the situation. 

Gulf paused for a while, thoughtfully thinking. Mew still kisses him whenever he leaves the house or when he goes back home but recently, he's been kissing him more and more on the forehead or on the cheeks instead of Gulf's lips. Other than that Mew is still the same, he is still gentle and caring, and sweet and he still hugs Gulf at night, and those little touches, whenever they are physically close to each other, are still there.

"Hello! Gulf!", Up called. "We didn't ask you to daydream about your husband"

Gulf's cheeks burned, "Uhmm... No. not really, he is still the same. It's just that he seems tired whenever he is at home recently", he added sadly remembering how Mew would often go straight to sleep instead of having a small talk with Gulf like before, asking how Gulf went by. "I should cook him some healthier meal this weekend", he whispered.

Pleng, "Gulf, focus. Have you two ever... got carried away? Physically, I mean"

Gulf flushed.

"Ok. you have", Pleng stated, chuckling. 

"Just once", Gulf said weakly. It happened one night; Mew was just supposed to kiss him goodnight, but the simple kiss just turned out to be a hot making-out session. Gulf could still the tingling sensation and feel his heart beating so fast because of it. He felt that he just stopped thinking and all he could think of is how to pull Mew close, how to taste him more, to feel him more that time. Gulf wonders if Mew's phone didn't ring, will they have gone all the way.

Min, "Gulf, you said that Mew seems tired recently. He is going home late than usual? Yes? Hmm...has he started going home later before that incident or after the incident?"

Gulf, "Uhmmm...after"

"But physical intimacy is hard to control especially if feelings are involved. And besides, they are living together and legally married, so I don't see any reason why he is holding back if really, he is holding back", Up chimed in knowing where Min is driving at on her questioning.

"Uhm... but Gulf...have you ever initiated? Or told him how you feel?", Kaownah who has been quiet asked. The rest of their friends look at Gulf.

Gulf bit his lip, heat creeping on his cheeks just imaging it. He shakes his head, "I'm shy. And I'm afraid. What if...he won't like it?"

"Oh, Gulf", all of them exclaimed.

Min scoots closer to Gulf, putting her arms around the younger. "I'm not going to tell you this if I'm not sure but Mew...I have never seen him look and care for anyone the way he looks and cares for you. You can ask everyone in the family. As I see it, he's been showing it to you all along and you are the one who was very reluctant", Min recalls the first few instances that Mew brought Gulf along and how Gulf reacts to Mew's touches, the younger seems a bit jumpy which they thought was because they are still getting used to each other's touches. After all, theirs was a whirlwind romance. "Perhaps, Mew is just waiting for you"

Gulf, "But...."

"Gulf, even if you kiss him back that time, Mew might not think that way", Min said.

"Agree!", Up seconded. "He might think that it was a spur of the moment and he still thinks you are not ready"

Gulf stays silent for a while, "But...I...I don't know how to..."

"Leave it to us. For starter, just go to bed naked and ..."

"Mild!", Pleng scowled.

"What!", Mild exclaimed laughing. "That's the easiest way. Look at Gulf, look at that face. Just to remind you, pals, Gulf is one of the most popular not just in the nursing department, in the whole campus!", Mild turned to Gulf, "Many had approached you, my dear, during your first semester, but you just shooed them away telling them you are married. I can't blame you though, I've seen your man and he really looks delectable"

Gulf rolls his eyes, "I'm not sure if you are helping or just showing your interest in my husband. But to be clear, I'm going to disown you if you ever just lay a finger on him"

"And I assure you, he won't be welcome in the family", Min added grinning.

Mild, "Hmmph!"

"So how do we go about this?", Kaownah asked.

"Leave it to the experts", Pleng answered smugly looking at Min and Up. The three of them had several relationships before unlike Kaownah and Mild. 

******