Step 2. Accessories for Battle

Gulf nervously glances at the wall clock. It's almost 1 in the morning and Mew would be arriving any minute now. He shifted in his seat, the loud beating of his heart and the sweat on his palm is not helping him at all. He clutched at the hem of his tank top. Gulf bit his lips looking again at what he is wearing. His tank top is way too tight than his usual, even his boxers.

Earlier in the afternoon, Gulf's friends insisted that they shop.

"Min, what exactly are we doing here? ", Gulf asks concerned, looking at the men's shop that they entered. He isn't someone who will shop or buy things impulsively.

Min, "Relax leave it to me. You need some change in your wardrobe, my dear cousin-in-law"

"Aren't these too formal?", Kaownah asks innocently. Pleng and Up laugh.

Up, "Oh...we are not here for that Kaownah. But not bad, Min, let's have some 'date' wardrobe too"

Min nodded, "Sure. We'll check them out later. For now, Miss! Where are the house clothes and underwear?"

Pleng, "Should we also visit a sex shop?"

Up, "Yeah. I know someplace"

Gulf, "What?!"

And now, Gulf also wearily looks at the box nearby, his cheeks burning with embarrassment recalling what is inside the box.

His heart skips a beat when he senses someone coming in. It's been so long since he started to wait for his husband consciously and habitually, but his senses are extra heightened this time. Their two-bedroom condominium unit is relatively small. Mew owns the place, and this is where he brought Gulf after they got married after a week they met. Gulf's mom followed five months later after being discharged from the hospital. The other room used to be Gulf's mom, but she left a year ago, Mew wanted to have it as Gulf's study, but he insisted to have it as Mew's music room. Gulf's husband is a gifted musician, he can play almost every musical instrument that Gulf knew. Mew wanted to be a musician, he is in fact a member of a band when he was in the university but Mew's family, particularly his dad wanted him to follow the family's heritage in medicine and business. Mew in fact has both degrees in medicine and business administration. His family owns a hospital and pharmaceutical companies.

"Gulf?", Mew called frowning. "Why are you still awake?". Mew approached the younger man. It's late and Gulf is usually asleep at this time.

Gulf, "I'm still doing revisions to my thesis"

"Let me take a shower first and I'll help you", Mew said and went to the bathroom before Gulf could say something.

Gulf sighs. Mew had recently been going home around this time or an hour later. Gulf would only know his husband is at home when Mew joined him in the bed, reached for him, and kiss him good night. Gulf let out another breath, mustering his courage once again before going to their closet to get a new bath towel for his husband.

"Hun!", Mew called, peeking his head outside the bathroom door, and before he could say more, Gulf spoke.

"Sorry I forgot to put a new one. I did the laundry earlier", he gave Mew a smile. His husband nodded and Gulf felt a bit disappointed that Mew hadn't noticed yet. He decided to go back to the room and wait for his husband.

"Tea?", Gulf asks handing Mew a cup when his husband entered their room.

"Thank you", Mew accepted and immediately frown after a while. "Are those new? Aren't you going to be cold later?", he asks in concern but only glances briefly at Gulf before heading to Gulf's open laptop to check on the younger's work.

"Uhmm...it's a gift from Min. We went out earlier with the others. The weather's been hot recently", he answered, sitting beside Mew. His husband hummed without looking at him, eyes fixed on the screen. Moments later and Gulf's husband is already engrossed in his reading.

Mew, "Here. You can expound on this section. There might be a few references I have on my cloud that you can use. Gulf? Are you listening to me?"

"Huh?! Uh...", Gulf stammer. He was also engrossed in looking at his good-looking husband with his slightly damp hair and his firm biceps.

Mew, "It's quite late already, you should rest for now and work on this again tomorrow"

Gulf, "But..."

"Put this in a shared folder and I'll check on this tomorrow", Mew answered closing the device. "Come here and let's go to bed", Mew pulled him up.

Gulf shivers a bit.

"You're ice cold", Mew said caressing the younger's arm.

"Lay down", Mew ordered wrapping Gulf in a blanket before reaching for the aircon's remote control.

"It's ok, you don't have to", Gulf protested knowing that Mew would feel too warm later if the room temperature would be higher than their usual setting.

Mew sighs before joining Gulf on the bed. The younger scoots closer to his husband and Mew immediately pulls him closer.

Gulf wriggles to find his comfortable position before settling in, he heard Mew letting out a ragged breath but Gulf is too far sleepy already that he sighs in contentment when Mew started humming as if lulling Gulf to sleep.

*****

"Stop it Tul!", Mew scowled at the newly arrived in his music store.

"Have mercy on Mew, Tul. Look at that dark circle in his eyes", Nice, Mew's store assistant, commented laughing.

"My dear cousin, it is still relatively early, and you look that haggard? Have you not gotten any sleep again? I must commend Gulf for his stamina", Tul added mockingly.

Mew glared at both men. Tul is his cousin from his mother's side and his business partner in a bar together with their friend, Boom. Nice is a close junior from his university days. They all have been teasing him endlessly since they discovered his dilemma with his husband a few months ago. "What are you doing here anyway?", Mew asks.

Tul, "Boom got an emergency trip so it's going to be your turn to man the bar tonight"

Mew, "I'm going to check the new band anyway. And you?"

"I got a date", Tul grinned.

"You're changing lovers as frequently as you change your car, Tul. That's going to bite you in the end. I'm telling you", Mew shakes his head.

Tul, "At least I'm getting laid"

"Ouch! Don't do that to Mew, Tul", Nice weakly protested giggling. 

********