Chapter 4

(Dipper pov)

Dodeball is the worst sport ever, and it isn't even a real sport for people to compete against. So why the hell do we have to play it in gym class?

Somehow the only people left in the game are me and Ozinski.

"Get ready for a red ass, shit bag."

He throws the ball and I barely manage to dodge it. I run after the ball as it rolls towards him but trip at the last minute and it rolls over the line. "Say your prayers, little pussy." I hurridly try to get back on my feet but not before he picks up the ball and throws it hard right at my face knocking me on my back hard as blood gushes down my face from my nose.

The gym teacher's whistle louldy blows as I painfully sit up, glaring angrily at Ozinski. Growling I rise to my feet shoving back the kids who try to help me up.

"You mother fucking, ass-face, dick bag, asshole, cock sucking, son of a whore!"

I run at him and doing just what Bill showed me I thrust my palm up against his nose, hitting dead center blood gushing as it sends him crashing to the ground yelling in pain.

............................................

School gets out and I don't waste a second running down the streets, excited to tell Bill about what I did to Ozinski. My hand still kind of hurts from it too.

I get to Bill's door and bang loudly on it. A woman obviously very pregnant and with bright pink, messy, hair opens the door. "Who are you?" She says in a heavy Russian accent.

"Who are you?" I question back but she just glares at me instead. "I'm Dipper."

"Why you bang on door?"

"Because he's hard of hearing." I say that extra loud so Bill will hear me from within the house and sure enough he yells back.

"Let him in."

The woman steps out of the way and I go into the house where Bill is fixing himself another alcoholic drink. "Bill, it worked."

"What worked?"

"That trick you showed me last night. In gym class, Orzinski was being a jerkwad so I ran up to him and did just what you showed me. I heard his nose break and blood went everywhere."

"You actually broke his nose?"

"It felt amazing to put that asswipe in his place for once."

"You must have hit it just right. Show me."

I demonstrate into the air how I did it.

"Why you teach him how to fight?" I look over at the blond woman as she ask this.

"He needs to learn how to defend himself. He's a runt."

"Where's my money?"

"On my dresser."

"Last week?"

"It's all there minus the deductible."

She walks out of the room and I look at Bill. "Who's she?"

"That's Pyronica. She's my sister sort of. Works as a lady of the night."

"What's that?"

"One of the more honest ways to make a living in this world. Come on."

He finishes his drink as we get in his car and he drives. He parks us outside this building and I see from the sign that he took me to the horse tracks.

He takes me inside and we look up at this big board full of words and numbers. "The board tells you what the day's actions are. Who's running, who's riding, so forth."