Chapter Three

“You have to fight,” he said. She nodded and turned. Orion had already taken down three. She only needed to take the last three on. One of the guys grabbed her by her hair and threw her into the wall. She made a hole in the wall on impact. Pain shot through her body. I’ve had enough of these a-holes, she thought. When the soldier came back, she wrapped her leg around his arm and locked it. Then she snapped his arm at the elbow as she forced her leg down. She then climbed up the wall and flipped over the man.

        In doing so, she grabbed a hold of his helmet, pulled it off his head, and booted him in the spine with both feet. He ran into the wall face first. You could hear a large cracking sound on the collision. The man’s body slid down the wall, leaving a smear of blood on the wall. She landed on her back but did a kip up. Once she was back to her feet, she was attacked once again. The second man swung wildly and missed because he was unbalanced due to his broken shin. She ducked but caught the arm in the process.

        She kicked him in the temple before pulling the man over her back, throwing him on his back. He just lay there for a while. She got down on her knees and stuck the scalpel hidden in her sleeve through the man’s hand. He screamed in agony.

        “Here hold this for me,” she said sarcastically. She stuck the scalpel so deep in his hand, he couldn’t move it. The last guy left tried to take a cheap shot and swung at her when her back was turned. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end and moved. She slid under his arm and grabbed it at the same time. She pulled it back and kicked him in the back of the head; pushing him into the wall.

        She placed her foot over his shoulder blade and pulled hard. A loud pop came from his shoulder. It was dislocated. When he tried to move his head, she kicked him with her heel and his face bounced off the concrete wall. Cala let go of him and his body fell to the ground. Whether he was knocked out or dead, she couldn't tell, nor did she care.

        She stopped and took a look at her work. Haven’t lost my touch, she thought. When she had turned back to Orion who was on his feet, he had covered up his wound. Even though he was trying to hid it, Calla knew he still needed stitches. She grabbed the gun from the floor and pulled Orion’s arm over her shoulder. The second in command was just sitting there; still in pain. He hadn’t moved from his spot.

        “Damn you,” he shouted; water in his eyes. Cala rolled her eyes.

        “Give me a break,” she said. She held the gun out in front of her and shot the second in command in between the eyes.

        “That’s my girl,” Orion said with a pleased grin. They left the bodies there and the one soldier with the knife in his hand. Cala helped Orion into one of the labs and helped him onto the table. Cala grabbed a needle and started to stich up Orion’s wound. He winced. “You must leave here. More will be coming,” Orion warned.

        “I am more concerned about you right now. I’m not leaving you here,” Cala said once she cut the thread. Cala put a cover over his stitches and let Orion sit up. “If I leave, you must come with me.”

        Orion shook his head and got off the table. He walked up to her and held her face in his hands. He looked into her eyes. “No child. You must leave this place on your own. I can’t go with you, but I can help you.” Her eyes widened. She shook her head, speechless. “I understand that you are afraid. But I will always be with you. We will see each other again. I promise.” His words echoed in her head. “But first you are going to need this,” he said. He pulled her weapon from behind him. She looked at it and took it from his grasp. She placed it at the small of her back. When she looked back up at Orion, he smiled at her.

        “But... You are the only family that I've ever known. Where will I go,” she asked. Tears nearly started to form in her eyes. Orion planted a gentle kiss on her forehead.

        “You have more family then you’ve even known. You have to leave this place. They have poisoned your mind about your past. Do you remember where your home is?” Cala shed a tear. She could only remember so much. But her original place of birth was wiped from her memory. Her parents, her home, her life before her capture; everything. Orion wiped the tear from her cheek. “Be brave my child.” She looked up at him. “Now go,” he said. Before she turned away, she hugged him. Before she left him, Orion slid something into her hand. Cala left him and ventured down the hall. She wiped her eyes and started to look for the file room. She heard someone coming from in front of her. She grabbed her weapon and it extended at her touch. She taped it and a blade came out of the end; turning into a spear.