62 Beast Priestess

TILLY was satisfied with how she looked.

For today's ceremony, she wore a maroon dress with a black mesh top. She also wore a complete set of jewelry. Her earrings, necklace, bracelet, ring, and brooch all had black pearls.

Her hair was neatly tied in a bun and she used black lipstick.

Leni and Lani were shocked by her bold choice of makeup but the twins both agreed that she pulled it off nicely.

[I really have a sexy charm.]

Anyway, when she heard a knock on the door followed by her husband's voice, she asked the maids to leave. After giving her and Kiho a polite greeting, the twins left the room.

"Honey, are you done?"

Tilly turned around when Kiho stood behind her.

Oh.

Her husband looked so dashing in his uniform as the captain of the Black Serpent Knights. His black tunic jacket with velvet collar and cuffs and golden one-shoulder cape really made him look ten times hotter. And the black gloves. Damn, it looked so good on him.

[God, thank you for giving me another chance to marry this man.]

"Hi, gorgeous," Tilly greeted her husband who had a funny look on his face. He looked half pleased-half scared while checking out her dress. "What's wrong?"

"Tilly, you look wonderful," Kiho said when he looked at her face. "But why do you like you're attending a funeral? We're not going to pay respects to Miss Lahara since we don't have access to the White Tower."

Of course she knew that.

But she still dressed that way because she wanted to secretly "mourn" Princess Nia. Well, the b*tch unfortunately survived but she would make sure that once she woke up, she couldn't lay a finger on her and her family ever again.

At first, she felt guilty for Lahara's death. But she reminded herself that if the mage-knight was still alive, she would have killed her first under the princess's order just to get her heart.

[But next time, I'll be wiser when I make another kill.]

"Wearing dark clothes would make me look slimmer," Tilly lied. It wasn't like she could tell Kiho that she wore dark clothes to mock the comatose princess. Well, it was kind of petty of her to do that but she wanted to express her joy through fashion. "I'm worried that I look fat now that I'm pregnant."

"You're not fat, Tilly. You don't look fat either," Kiho said carefully. "And even if you gain weight, that's fine. It's normal for pregnant women to gain weight, isn't it?"

She liked what he said but she decided to tease him. "Kiho, I heard that most men cheat when their wives are pregnant. Once a woman's baby bump gets bigger, it will be hard for her to make love with her husband." He blushed at what she said but she continued anyway. "I heard that's exactly the reason why men cheat during those times."

"I'll never cheat on you, Tilly," he said seriously. "Especially not for that shallow reason."

Her playfulness vanished when she remembered why they divorced in her past life.

Well, Kiho fell in love with Lucina Morganna when they were still married. But that happened when their marriage had already fallen apart a long time ago. Plus, he didn't cheat on her behind her back. He went to her and asked her for divorce.

[But falling in love with someone else while you're married is considered as emotional cheating, isn't it?]

God, that gave a sharp pang in her chest.