Secret's Out

Kay family
Lila Kay is standing on her tiptoes on a bench at the end of the pier looking out at the sunset, listening to her mom and dad talking in the background about the week ahead when she spots two people below, running back from the water laughing, the younger looking man chasing the slightly older woman. It's not until the woman yells out "You wish!" to whatever the man had said before when Annie turns her head and follows Lila's eyes, landing on the scene below them.
"David, look"
David Deacon Kay knew he always had the chance of running into several people near the pier, but Chris Alonso & Jim Street were two people he never thought he'd see, not with Chris on her back in the sand & Street standing over her, tickling her.
"Mommy is that aunt Chrissy?" Lila got Annie's attention as Deacon continued staring ahead in disbelief and realization, everything from the past few years starting to make sense.
"Lila, you want pizza for dinner?"
Annie asks as she leads her back down the pier, Deacon close behind.

_________

Hondo/Jess

Jessica rolls over on her side to see her boyfriend's space in the sleeping bag unoccupied. Stretching and yawning, she makes her way out & unzips the tent to see the sun starting to come up.
Jessica smiles when she hears him humming to himself and turns to find him pouring himself a cup of coffee from the thermos they brought.
Walking over, she stops to rub his shoulders, kissing his cheek before reaching around and pouring a cup of coffee.
"Good morning to you sunshine" Hondo's husky voice greets her with a smile on his face.
Jess smiles and continues drinking her coffee.
"We have to pack up soon, I told my sister i'd help her move later today" Jess informs him as she finishes her coffee, watching the sunrise.
"Alright, we can grab breakfast when we get back"

******

Hondo is putting the last of their camping gear in the truck when he hears a couple voices close by, it's almost 9:30 so it's around the time for more hikers to start rolling in. There's a couple off to the right a ways, their two kids and a Husky. He smiles to himself, hoping him & Jess could have that in the not so distant future. His mind wonders to the ring he has saved in his locker at HQ and it's not until he hears Jess asking if he's ready to go that he's pulled out of his thoughts and he's about to say yes when someone -or two someone's- catch his eye.

"Hondo?" Jess questions, voice raised slightly because she's been hungry for an hour now and they still have an hour drive back into the city.

Hondo doesn't answer, instead he waves her over, standing in the same spot with his mouth slightly ajar.

Jess walks over & shrugs. "What? can't we go?"

"In a minute, you see what I see?"
"What are we- oh!" Jess exclaims as she finally comes into contact with the same thing Hondo has been looking at for the past two minutes.

"OH, oh, wow" is all she spits out at first.

"Is that new?" she questions, still in shock.

Jessica Cortez was a lot of things and stupid definitely wasn't one of them. When she had left SWAT over two years ago she knew Chris and Street were very close, probably the closest members of the team she'd ever seen, except for when her and Hondo were dating the first time, although that had been in secret. Jess knew they had a deep bond, deeper than what she even knew. She had always thought maybe they'd connect in other ways eventually but she didn't expect to see it happening now, right in front of her eyes, in the parking lot of the trail she & Hondo frequent.

Hondo's voice cuts through her reminiscing of the early SWAT days.

"I'd say they're about as new as us, hell if I didn't know them i'd say they've been together for years." Hondo said, as he watched as Street tried to peer into the cooler Chris sat on the bed of the truck.