Chapter 5

The screen showed the roads of the kingdom filled with many Eliatropes walking, and some portaling. Most of them were in groups, talking to each other.

     "Is it today?" An Eliatrope woman said to another.

     "What is?" Dally asked, confused.

     "You'll see now." Vini answered.

     "Well, it must be an important day." Eva said as Vini nodded.

     "Yes! I can't wait to see the test!" One said.

     "The test?"

     "What test?"

     "It's all going to be explained soon, so just watch."

     "Oh, and did you hear?" Another asked as the other two turned around. "The daughter of the Maine Clan will be there too!"

    The two other Eliatropes gasped and covered their mouths. They huddled closer to her.

     "What's the Maine Clan?" Elely said, scratching her head.

     "A family. Last name, to be more precise." Vini shrugged as Elely hummed. It must be something like the Sadlygroves family.

     "No way!"

     "The Maine Clan? The noblest of nobles?"

     "Yes!"

     The three nodded at each other.

     "We definitely have to go, then!"

     "So they have a high place in the kingdom." Armond commented, raising an eyebrow. Vini frowned and nodded.

     "There are many nobles, but the Maine Clan is the highest of all." She said.

     "Are they like royals?" Cleophee asked. Vini shrugged.

     "Close." The girl replied.

     The scene changed to the inside of the palace, showing its empty halls. The palace was quiet, and it was empty. No guards or servants. No council members. They were all outside. The cheerings of hundreds of people could be faintly heard from outside. There was a huge gathering happening.

     "Whoa, so this "test" must be really important." Flopin pointed out, judging by the number of the cheerings. Even the council was absent.

     "Yes, it is." Vini closed her eyes and laid back in the air.

     "I can hear so many people!" Chibi exclaimed.

     The scene changed again, and this time, it showed hundreds of people, sitting on thousands of chairs around a field. They were all cheering and calling out. It was like a huge competition.

     "Now, that's a lot of people." Ruel said.

     "Indeed." Arpagone agreed.

     "A really big test, it must be." Ush added, shuffling his cards.

     Suddenly, the horn blew, and everyone slowly quieted down. Then, it showed a pair of feet with slight heels walking into the field. It was a woman who wore a mint green dress. Her hair was white and her hat was a very unique shape.

     "Who's that?" Eva asked. Yugo and Adamai frowned. The woman was familiar to them. But they didn't have a memory of seeing her. They never met her.

     "That is Mina, Phaeris' Eliatrope sister." Vini answered as Yugo's eyes widened in understanding. He remembered Qilby telling him about her gift of wisdom.