Chapter 9

Adamai was half flying down the mountain. He slid down the dirt and soared into the air like a bird. As he ran, his hand was busy trying to tie his hair. It was difficult because of the wind, but Adamai managed. When he reached the flat ground, his hair was tied into a messy high ponytail.

     "Finally, he's tying it."

     "Agreed. His hair was very long."

     "They were almost poking his eyes."

     "Must feel much lighter."

     Vini began fiddling with her own hair. Luckily, they didn't poke her eyes, but they were getting long now. They reached almost till her knees. She was the one who needed tying or maybe a cut.

     He looked like a completely different person. His eyes didn't look tired or dull at all. Instead, they were bright and filled with light. He had a face any girl would want.

     "What a sudden change of look."

     "Agreed."

     "He has an excellent face."

     "Must be very popular."

     "Not really. He covers his face with his hair and wears glasses," Vini said, making two circles with her fingers.

     "And I bet he doesn't talk very much," Eva guessed.

     "Quite."

     The scene switched onto a small building with a sign that said, 'Emelka Police Station'.

     "I'm... here..." Adamai said between his pants while leaning onto the doorway. When he looked up, his face made the same expression when he saw Grougal. Before him, stood not just a woman that seemed to be Arstishes, but Dally, Eva, Amalia and Yugo.

     "Umm," Dally said, happy but surprised to see himself on the screen. Didn't Adamai go there to see this woman called Artsi?

     "Why are we there?" Amalia asked curiously, also surprised by the unexpected scene.

     "The story will be told by Percedal," Vini answered.

     "Me?"

     "The one on the screen."

     "?" 

     Many among the audience snorted at Adamai's dumbfounded expression. Even with different traits, the face he had was the same one as what Adamai had when he found out that the boy was him. Even if they were from two different universes, both were still Adamai.

     "I can see why he's surprised," Cleophee laughed, pointing at the screen.

     "That woman with white hair is Artsi, right?" Yugo asked, staring at the red-hooded person on the screen.

     "Yes," Vini replied, "Pay attention to her. She plays a huge role in this story."

     "Oh, hey Ad!" Dally exclaimed, waving. Amalia also gave him a small wave while Eva only nodded. Adamai walked towards them, his face painted with confusion.

     "What... Why are you here?" He asked. A police officer carefully stepped up, smiling awkwardly.

     "Now, that's a question we all want to know about," Otomai spoke up.

     "Let's get ready for Sir Percedal's story."

     "Yay! Papa!"

     "You are Ms. Arstishes' relative?" She asked politely.