2

present day
location- Santa Cruz Cal.

You know those people who just really piss you off. Those types who think they're entitled to everything because if who their father or someone is. Yeah those people.
"I'm gonna need to speak with your manager, sweetie." This blond head 40 something women has been arguing with me for the past 15 minutes about how to make a martini.

"Ma'm, for the last time, that is how we make martinis here. I can show you the recipe paper and my manager will tell you the exact same thing." I calmly reply for the 5th time.
She stares me down for a second before slamming the glass down on the bar and stomping away and out the door.
I huff and start cleaning the spilled liquor and glass from my area of the bar. You'd think i made her a vodka soda or something totally opposite. i remade that shit about 3 times while she watched.

It was around 4:40 pm at Jaggers, my shift had started at 4 and won't end till 3am when the bar closes and the band finished playing. I love bartending, don't get me wrong, there are assholes like her and all the creepy men that hit on me and shit but, live music every week, a decent pay able to keep me in a decent apartment. Free food at the end of the week and free alcohol on my days off. I mean it's a pretty sick deal. I was wearing my uniform with consisted of a black v-neck shirt with the words Jaggers written on the breast and a snake with a dagger down the back, black sweatpants and an apron on my hips.

Usually if you were a waiter or bar girl you had to wear leggings or shirts but since i was always behind the bar Emerson, the manager said i could wear whatever pants i wanted.

I checked my phone since the bar was deserted for any texts or plans i should be aware of.
I see a couple texts from "Enzo Benzo" reading
'my brothers band is play at jaggers for a couple nights! Heard his band mates are pretty sexy! I call dibs on the guitar player tho!'.

I thumbs up the message and let him know i'm working the next couple nights so he'll have free drinks waiting for him.

Enzo Gray, my best friend ever since i moved out here. I was at a coffee shop and was looking at what to order when he said 'the lavender latte is so good here. make sure you get oat milk though.'
and we've been friends ever since. Every hook up, acquaintance with benefits i've had or he's had we've been there for each other. Also to mention Enzo is a raging gay man who will stop at nothing to find her perfect match. He has a thing for men in bands as do i. He was the first person i knew to accept me as a bisexual women, who would judge every women or man or anyone in between i brought home from a club. He told me "If people can't accept me for loving someone, then you should sock them in the face." and that's stuck with me.
i truly do love the man. He's my best friend.

"Parker! Can you help the band? I've got to get their paperwork sorted!" My boss calls from his makeshift office at one of the high top tables. I yell back a yes and go to the back door where an old red van is parked.

The paint is rusted and peeling, the license plate is on its last screw and the headlights and as yellow as they can get.

"Hey!" a sweet but gravely voice catches my attention.
"I'm Archer, Enzo's brother. He said his friend would be here" He shifts his weight from one foot to the next.
"Yeah! I'm Parker. I bartend here." i reach my hand out for a handshake which he recuperates.
You can tell the clear differences and similarities in Enzo and Archer. They both have the same bright blue eyes and beach tanned skin. The same ear shape and tall lanky body. However, their eyebrows and face shape gives away that they aren't twins. Enzo has a rounder more soft face while Archer has a sharper more angled jawline.

"So, Emerson sent me out to help y'all! so what do you need help with?" i clap my hands break the silence i created by analyzing his face.
"Oh yeah. um- could you just open the back of the van and pull out the ramp?" I nod and make my way to back of the van.
There are 3 other guys either on their phones or smoking a cigarette.
I open the door and i'm hit with the smell off weed and boy stank.
i hold back a gag before reaching in and extending the ramp onto the pavement. I turn back to face Archer and i'm met with a tall chest who smells like cigarettes and cologne.

I push off the chest and look up and i'm met with dark brown eyes.
"Uh hi?" i turn my head at the man who literally almost gave me a concussion.
"Who are you?" he basically growls at me.
"I'm Parker. I work at the bar, Emerson sent me out to help. Relax i'm not trying to steal your shit." i put my hands up on defense.
"Yo! Grant! leave her alone! My brother would murder you if you even laid a finger on her!" i hear Archer yell from the front of the van.
I hear a couple snickers from the boys around me before the Grant guy backs off of me and let's me walk away.

As i go back to enter the bar, i can feel eyes on me. Not on my ass or anything but directly as if they were looking for my eyes.
I shake off the feeling as i enter the building.