Green

The bar quickly begins filling up as it does every night. My playlist is no longer connected to the speaker but rather the bar music that Emerson has.
The band should be starting in about 30 minutes, with the band setting up the equipment i don't see Harry anywhere near the stage.
What isn't he over with them?
Shouldn't he be helping?
I try to shake my mind of the brown haired man, serving a young man who looks around 20 something.

"What can i get ya?" I throw the dirty rag into the swap bucket by my feet.
"You." i look up to the see the young man giving me the dirtiest smirk i've ever seen.
"Excuse me?" i raise my eyebrows titling my head at him.
"I want you, come on tuts." He leans onto the bar counter, trying to reach out for me.
"Sir, do not touch me. What do you want to drink?" i grit my teeth stepping back from his hand
"Fine. I'll take a Bud-light and a shot of Don Julilo." he says still leaning on the counter
"Okay. That'll be right up, do you have a tab or?" I say as i open the bud light and slide to him
As my hand gets closer to him, grabs my wrist stopping me.
"Sir." i say louder looking around to see if anyone is watching what is happening.
He pulls me closer bringing our faces closer together.
"Listen here blondie. You're gonna pour me the shot then after you shift is done-"
He is suddenly pulled off of the bar counter and thrown to the floor.
"What the fuck man?" I hear the man from the floor yell up to the man.

It harry.
His back is facing me but his bright yellow shirt gives it away.

"What are you doing touching her?" His voice is deeper than usual.

The man on the ground tries to bring himself back up but harry is quick to push him back down.

"Did your mother teach you anything about person space? You don't fucking touch women especially her  their consent." Harry is now standing over the guy with his t-shirt clenched in his fist, shaking him.

"Harry." I try to get his attention before he causes more of a scene or hurts himself.

"Understand?" Harry shakes him once more but when the man just smiles Harry's fist makes contact with the man's cheek.

It's almost like it happens in slow motion. Like the universe wanted me to watch this moment slowed down.
Harry throws multiple punches to the guys fist. I can see the blood from where i'm standing and know that harry is most likely to hurt himself with the amount of force he's throwing right into this guys face.
I run from my postion and try to grab harry's arm.
"Harry, stop it right now." i try to pull him but he's set on the guy.
The only way i've ever gotten someone to stop fighting someone is fight them so i slap harry across the face.

His face snaps to mine and our eyes meet once again. His breathing is labored and he seems like he's in shock by his own actions when he takes in the world around him.

"Harry." He looks back to me, his pupils are almost covering his whole eye with a predatorory glint.
I see Emerson and Axon coming over and Harry is quick to stand in front of me like a guard dog.
"Parker. What the actual fuck happened?" Emerson's voice is lord and angry.
I go to move around Harry but he pushes me back keep his hands on my wait and pushing me into his back.

"This prick grabbed her and tried fucking touch her. She said no. He didn't listen." I can feel his back muscles tense beneath my touch as i try to calm him down by rubbing his back.

There must be a silent conversation between the 3 men because i'm told to bring Harry to break room to clean him up and calm him down.

We enter the break room and i tell him to sit against the lockers on the bench while i get the first aid kit for his bleed knuckles.
When i come back his head is hanging between his shoulders which are slumped. His breathing is still harsh but calmer than before. His legs are spread out and his blood hands are gripping his brown hair which has turned greasy.

I put the box down and grab his wrists from his hair. Squatting down between his legs bringing his hands with him. He lifts his head as i so, watching me carefully. I start examining the damage and see his nail color is different from the pink it was last night. Tonight it is a sage green with a little x-smiley on the middle finger. the rings the cover most of fingers are covered in the red liquid and will definitely need to be cleaned.
I go to take off the ring with the 'H' on it and be grits his teeth.
With a couple swallowed whines i'm able to get all the rings off and begin assessing the full damage.

"This must hurt, huh?" i try to break the silence that is so loud it's deafening.

"You should see the other guy." His head is still hung but i can see his eyes watching me as i take an alcohol wipe to his skin.

"This is gonna sting." i warn as the cold cloth hits his open wounds and he clenched his eyes closed and grabs my wrist trying to stop me.
"It's okay. It's alright. I know what i'm doing. Want me to distract you?" i whisper into the air trying to sooth the anxiety ridden man infront of me.
He just makes a grunt which i'm taking as a yes.
"You didn't have to that Harry. " i say to him as move on the other hand with a clean wipe.

"He was touching you." he whispers but it sounds more like a whimper

"I could have handled it. Ive been dealing with that shit for a while. Thank you though." I say as i go over the biggest cut he has.

"You shouldn't have to though. It's not fair." He finally meets my eyes and he almost looks like he was crying.

"That's being a women for you." Is all i say as i take some antibacterial gel and start rubbing it all over his hands.

"What's your name?" Hes still looking at me with a heavy head.

"Parker, Parker Lennon." i say grabbing the bandages from the box

"Tell me something about yourself, besides that you like to sing in empty bars while setting up." A small smile has finally broke onto his face.

"You weren't suppose to see that!" i can feel my face heat up and try to cover my blush with hand but he pulls it away

"it was cute now c'nom. i wanna know the bartender who i punched a guy for." he says bringing my hands back to his.

"Well I'm 20 years old. ummm i like iced coffee and my favorite musician is taylor swift." I go on to wrapping his other hand

"What's your favorite color?" He asks
"Green. You?" i swipe a piece of hair that has fallen from my pony tail.
"Blue." he says
I shake my head in agreement and gather his rings in my hand.
"Where are you from?" he sits up and looks down at me in my squatted position on the floor.
"Is it that easy to tell i'm not from here? Damn i thought i pulled it off." i shake my head and start gathering the trash and cleaning up the slight mess we made.
He just laughs at my sarcasm and takes his rings from my hand. He slides them into the pocket of his pants and gets up with me.

I hear the door handle click being opened.
I turn to see him looking at me. I give him a smile and go back to cleaning up.

"Florida. I'm from Florida"