12.Promises

Ladynoir flashback
FANART!!❤️ credit to the artist as always!

Flashback"Hello M'lady" Cat Noir greeted Ladybug as she landed on Eiffel Tower to meet with him

Flashback
"Hello M'lady" Cat Noir greeted Ladybug as she landed on Eiffel Tower to meet with him.

"You just saw me Cat Noir"

"But I've missed you so much"

They had just finished de-akumatized someone and now celebrating another victory of saving someone else from Hawk Moths power.

"No one will ever be like you Cat" Ladybug joked

"I hope not" he smiled. He breathed heavily and glanced out into the sunset "I was wondering, what will we do after this whole thing. When Hawk Moths defeated, and we have to return our kwamis. Everyone will be safe. And we won't be the superhero's of Paris anymore"

A gasp escaped her breath. "I don't know. I can't imagine not saving people. I can't imagine not being your partner. It's unbelievable"

"I'm glad we feel the same way. Whatever happens Ladybug. Promise me that you won't forget me. Even if you forget your memory and end up like Master Fu. Will you promise me that one day you will remember me, no matter what it takes."

That's a big promise. But if it's a promise made by Cat Noir she is willing to risk that promise and make it happen.

"I promise."

"Thanks Ladybug. And I know I'll never forget you. Even if we're miles apart. Cities. Even if we're across the world I'll always be reminded of m'lady. Because it's always us against the world."
End of flashback
His words echoed through Marinette's head. That day when he said those words. It felt possible to fulfill the words. But now when he's gone. It's nothing but heartbreak. She is repeatedly reminded by the fact that she has to endure these memories of him.

Why is she reminded?

Sometimes she wishes that her memory was lost so that she didn't have to endure his past presence. She wishes he would still be here, so that they would make new memories. Not thinking about the old ones. As they are tearing her apart piece by piece. Bone by bone. Until every little feeling she has left is gone. So that she feels empty and hallow inside.

"I promise." She wept, tears flooded her cheeks.