15.Defeat

Ladybug stood outside Gabriel Agreste's mansion. It was pitch black outside. Rain clouds were starting to come in.

She went up to door expecting it to be locked. But in her surprise it wasn't. A free pass for her to come in.

She tiptoed across the floor attempting to be quiet. Maybe Gabriel didn't know she was here and everything was planned out accordingly.

"Hello, Ladybug" Gabriel suddenly said. Without knowing where he could be Ladybug looked all around trying to find him. She heard a noise, she ducked and a knife hit the wall stabbing it.

"It's nice to see you, but I wouldn't have imagined you breaking into my house." It still was dark, the only thing she could hear was his footsteps.

The stroke of his hand went across her chin, "can you give me your miraculous?"

"Never" Ladybug stood her ground.

"Oh, how disappointing. I thought you would behave after what happened to Cat Noir"

Why?

Why did he have to bring him in this?

"Oh, now I've hurt your feelings" he kicked her across the room, forcing her to smash against the wall. "Why don't you superhero's just listen? He's dead, gone, he's never coming back"

She knows that. No one needs to remind herself that information.

"Let me ask you something" Ladybug said struggling to get up off of the ground. "Why did you kill him? Why did you have to kill Cat Noir?"

"He's the enemy and it would be easier to steal his miraculous"

"Yet, you still failed as always"

"No! I did not" he grabbed onto her neck. Her legs were wiggling trying to get out of his grasp. His grip got tighter and tighter "tonight, is going to be the end of you, for good and all the superhero's that stand in my way" he threw her across the room as if she was nothing.

"You killed your only son! You killed him, you're a murderer!"

"STOP" he repeatedly kicked her in the gut "I didn't know!"

"It's all your fault! Did you even love him
As a person and a son?!"

"Of course I did he was the only family member I had left" he headed to kick one more time, but Ladybug grabbed onto his foot. Slowly getting up.

"You never give up huh? How are you going to defeat me without any back up, without your sweet little kitty?"

"I will defeat you no matter how long it will take, no matter if it takes my life"

"I'm willing to take the risks. For me, for Adrien, for the people of Paris, like you. It's my responsibility to protect you". She has to live up to her own words. If not than what kind of ladybug is she?

"Oh, you're so selfless" Gabriel kicked her out of the door immediately breaking it. Ladybug repeatedly flopped. Rain poured all around her.

"It's all over" Gabriel has now turned into Hawk Moth. "You're defeated. Just admit it"."

Ladybug stared him in eyes, prepared to be defeated, to die, to be with Cat Noir again.

"Go to hell" Ladybug gritted her teeth.