Time Of The Season

Elliana's POV:
Woah woah woah. Sophie? As in the Sophie? Like, Sophie Ferguson? Yes, I've done my research yet all I was able to sputter was, "what?"
My boyfriend ran to my side. "Elliana, it's just my ex."
"Why is your ex here?"
"I don't know. Sophie," he stood up and demanded an answer. "Why are you here?"
"I told you, genius. Now can we all stop with the questions and find a way out? I'm bored."
"You're bored?" Lev abruptly pulled himself to his feet. "Here, let me help with that." He punched his hand causing Piper to attempt standing up but instead Jentzen stood in front of him, pushing him back.
"No, Lev. We're not doing this." He shook his head.
"I don't care! She knows something and you know it!" Lev turned for others support. "Right everyone?!"
No one responded so I felt the need to speak. "Jentzen?"

Emily's POV:
"Yes, Ellie?" Jentzen replied, giving her his full attention.
"I... have a really bad headache."
Jentzen ran to her side once again and scooped her into his arms. "We need to find a way out of here. Fast."
The rest of us nodded excusing Lev and Sophie who refused to talk to each other unless it was a direct insult. And just as fast as stopping, we began walking again with Piper in Lev's arms and Elliana in Jentzen's.

"Do you guys really think we'll escape?" I wondered out loud.
"Of course we will, Emily. Think positive." Jenna reassured everyone.
"Well I'm positive we should have not let Sophie join our group." Lev rolled his eyes.
"Excuse me?" Sophie scowled from behind.
"We're not leaving her here." Jenna employed.
"We should. She deserves it."
"Lev, stop it." But before Jenna could continue, Sophie butted herself into the conversation once again.

Sophie's POV:
There's no way I was going to let him talk to me like that.
"I'm sorry, mister. I'll just go." I joked.
"Please do." Lev turned around, glaring at me. Everyone else stopped and turned to look at the commotion. I glared back with my arms crossed.
"You've always been the thorn to a rose." I said.
"And you want to know who's my rose?"
But before he could continue I interrupted yet again. "Piper. Yeah, I know. Too bad that rose is dying."
"Come here you little brat." Lev put Piper down and stomped towards me but Jenna held him back by grabbing one of his arms. He shrugged her grip off so she grabbed him again. Jentzen put down Elliana and ran to help Jenna by holding back Lev's other arm.
"Lev, calm down." Jenna instructed.
"He can't calm down because he has anger issues." I explained.
"What is your problem?!"

Jentzen's POV:
"What is your problem?!" I yelled.
"Piper. Who else other than you?" Sophie scoffed.
"What did Piper ever do to you? What did I ever do to you?!"
"Hmm, let's see. First, Piper didn't invite me to her own birthday party!"
"You're mad about a birthday party?" Emily asked.
"Piper and I were friends before she was friends with any of you! Do you know how much it hurt when I saw her YouTube video of you all being there?! Not to mention, she stole my cat. Yeah, remember Ringo? He was mine. Do you even know how it feels to watch your ex best friend hold your cat as they pass away?! I bet not!" Sophie had tears run down her face and Lev had calmed down yet I still caught myself holding onto him.
"And you, Jentzen." She pointed at me. "You broke up with me over YouTube. You lied to me."

Lev's POV:
I felt bad. I don't think I've understood the phrase, "don't judge someone without knowing their story" any more than I do right now. I feel guilty, embarrassed. Not only was Jentzen my best friend but Sophie was always there for me in the past. I feel stupid for taking my girlfriends side without even hearing Sophie say a word. But although Sophie is mad, it still doesn't give her an excuse to be mad at Piper.
"Sophie, we didn't know. We're sorry." Jenna said.
"Really sorry." Emily echoed.
But I wasn't going to let my guard down. I picked up Piper. "Yeah, really sorry. Anyways, let's go."
"Wait," Jenna grabbed me by the arm once again but turned to Sophie. "Sophie, maybe not for Piper but can you show us the way out?"

Jenna's POV:
I really didn't believe that she would say yes but I had to have hope and there was no damage as to asking. To my surprise, Sophie nodded.
"Sure. But remember, this is for you guys." She turned her body to Jentzen. "Not you or your girlfriend either. Only because I want to leave and you'll just follow me anyway. Got it? Oh and no threatening me again, Lev. Or I'll make sure Piper and Elliana don't get out of here. Alive."
I could hear Lev swallow before responding. "Okay."

And just like that, we were walking once again but instead of Sophie following close behind, we were following her. I don't know why we trusted her but my gut said so and I always go by my gut because my gut is usually right. Before we knew it, we could see the exit, Sophie leading us to freedom. We all began running but Sophie before there was a click and a rock was thrown.

Piper's POV:
There was a click and I barely could see something being thrown in my blurry vision. It wasn't a rock, that was for sure. In seconds, I felt something turn in my body and I squirmed out of Lev's grasp. He let go at my sudden movement and I fell to the ground. In moments, there were flames blocking the exit. I didn't feel weak when I got close to the fire. I felt stronger. I crawled towards them just a little more. Lev tried to pull me back but before he could, I outstretched a hand into the flames before pulling it back. I hadn't felt a thing. Once Lev had pulled me back by my feet, I stood up, looking down at my hands before putting them out in front of me, palms facing the fire. It felt like nothing and no one could stop me. I was... free.