Wasting Time

Jentzen's POV:
I woke up. In a daze. That, I know for sure. The squad was huddled, over top of me. They were all towering over me so I quickly scrambled to my feet. I felt fine.
"Bro, are you okay?" Lev asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. What happened?"
"Oh nothing, just that Emily has powers!"
"What?! Actually, why am I surprised?" I turned to Emily. "What can you control?"
"I don't. I make plants grow out of the ground." She replied.
"That's so cool!" I exclaimed before making eye contact with Ellie. I looked away. "Let me guess, Lev has powers too now."
"No but I wish." He joked. Everyone laughed but Piper and Sophie.
"We need to find a way out of here." Piper crossed her arms. "Like, immediately so let's go." She walked away leaving the rest of us speechless and to follow after her. Sophie ran ahead to catch up with her.

Sophie's POV:
"You know the only way out is to do it, right?" I asked her.
"I'm not doing it, I told you. I love Lev and I love my friends."
"It's a duel, a challenge. Someone has to win."
"Then I guess I'm a loser." Piper refused to make eye contact. She had her eyes focused on the path in front of her. She knew it led to no where but she at least wanted to seem confident in where she was going.
"Piper, do it. No one else is. It's the only way out and you know that."
"And you should know that I'm a nice person. What did I ever do to you?!"
"You backstabbed me! What do you mean what did you do to me?! You know exactly what." I pointed a finger in her face. She smacked it away.
"Stop."

Lev's POV:
I noticed Piper and Sophie arguing up ahead in the forest and turned to Jentzen. "What do you think they're arguing about?"
Probably about how out of control Sophie is.
"What do you mean by that?" I asked and Jentzen turned to me.
"What? I didn't say anything."
"Yes you did. You said Sophie was uncontrollable."
"I never said that Lev." He patted me on the shoulder before beginning to walk faster. How'd he know that?
Then it hit me. "Because I can read minds." I answered.
"What?" He turned back around.
"Think of a word." I ordered him.
"Okay." Pretty.
"Pretty. You're thinking of the word pretty."
"Omg, Lev. You have powers!"
"I have powers!" I jumped in the air and everyone turned around. Unfortunately, having powers wasn't considered cool anymore so everyone just rolled their eyes. Whatever though, I had powers!

Elliana's POV:
So Lev has powers. Why is everyone getting powers? I don't know. Do I care? No. Are Jentzen and I still together? Absolutely not. I hate him.
"What?!" Lev screamed. Dang it, I already forgot. "You and Jentzen broke up?!"
I pursed my lips and turned around. "Yeah."
"Why?"
"Because he backstabbed me. He likes Emily."
"I don't!"
"You like Emily?"
"I don't like Emily!"
"Same here sister. He broke up with me over YouTube." Sophie shrugged.
"I don't care. You still backstabbed my best friend, Piper." I folded my arms causing lightning to erupt. Everyone j7mped but me.
"Ellie, calm down!" Piper screamed. I didn't.
"Elliana!"
"Stop it!"
"Ahhh!"
"My shoes!"
"Everyone shut up!" Piper ordered. "Elliana, chill. Count down to one."
I took a deep breath and my hand relaxed from fists causing the day to be bright once again. "Let's go home." I mumbled, marching away. And at that same moment, Jentzen threw his hands in the air.

Emily's POV:
So Lev can read minds and Jentzen can control water. Lovely, right? I know this because he just threw his hands in the air, annoyed. I understand why. Everyone has powers but him.
"This is so frustrating! Everyone has powers, we're far from home, I'm single and hungry!" He threw his hands in the air and with it followed water. But it was strange. It came from his palms. What wasn't strange is how I was just drenched.
"Jentzen!" I screamed.
"Emily!" Piper put her hands towards me, heating me up and dry with flames.
"Thanks."
"I'm so sorry Emily." Jentzen apologized.
"It's ok."
"Jentzen." Lev caught his attention.
"What, Lev?"
"You have powers!"
It took a minute for Jentzen to realize before he leaped into the air. "I have powers!"
"Good for you." Piper rolled her eyes. "Now let's continue walking."

Jenna's POV:
I could tell something was wrong with Piper. I just couldn't understand what but I do think it has something to do with Sophie.
"Piper!" I called out. She stopped walking so I ran up to her. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing, Jenna. Don't worry about it."
"But I am going to worry. You're my best friend! Tell me what's going on."
She sighed before replying. I can tell she is under a lot of stress.
"We're never going to find a way out."
"Don't say that."
"No, it's true. We're not unless..."
"Unless what? Piper, talk to me."
"Unless I lie, cheat and betray Lev."
"I don't get it." What could she possibly mean?
"I have to lie, betray and cheat on Lev." She repeated, her tone a little more raised.
"For us to get out of here, I have to betray Lev."
"Who told you that?"
"Sophie. She told me everything, Jenna. Everything."

Piper's POV:
It was all true. The only way for me and my friends to escape is if I betray Lev. I don't want to do it, but I have to. He'll understand, right? I turned to Jenna. "I'm gonna do it."
"No. No, Piper. Don't."
"I have to or we'll just keep walking in circles. I can't live like that, no one here can!"
"We'll find a way out." She tried to reassure me.
"No, we won't. I'm gonna do it."
"No, Piper!"
But before she could grab my arm and hold me back I was already walking back. I passed Elliana.
"Piper, where are you going?"
Ignoring her, I marched up to Lev who was walking with Jentzen. They stopped as well as very on in front of us. With tears running down my eyes, I faced Lev.
"Piper, what's wrong?" He reached out to wipe the water away only for me to push him.
"Yo! Piper, what the heck?"
"I- I hate you!" I yelled.
"What?"
"I hate you! And... I'm sorry." In seconds I stepped in front of Jentzen, grabbed the collar of his shirt and quickly braced myself before kissing him. It was quick but long enough for everyone to notice.
"What the heck?!" Lev pushed me away, breaking Jentzen and I's contact. Jentzen was taken aback, scared while Lev stood in front of him, yelling at me. "What the heck, Piper!? That's my best friend!"
Voices came from behind me.
"That's my ex boyfriend, Piper!"
"Piper!"
"What the heck?"
"Piper!"
Here is when my anxiety kicked in. I suddenly couldn't speak. I couldn't make a sentence. I couldn't breath. I ran off as far as I could since Lev began walking away.

Eventually, I fell to my knees in the middle of the forest. I looked at my hand. It was fading. What was happening?!

I woke up in another daze like before. This time, in my own bedroom. Was it all just a dream? I called Lev. To my surprise, he picked up.
"What do you want, Piper?"
Oh yeah, we were in a fight the other day because I had dropped his new Jordan shoes in the pool.
"I'm sorry, Lev. About yesterday."
He sighed. "It's fine."
"Wanna come over?"
"Sure."
Now that I think about it, what happened yesterday? Like, seriously, I don't remember.

Minutes later, Lev was in my house.
"Do you remember anything from yesterday?" I asked him while I ate my lunch.
He thought about it for a moment. "No. Why?"
"I don't know."
Knock knock. I looked at Lev who just shrugged before walking to the door. I opened it and there on the mat outside my house was an envelope. A purple one. I picked it up and brought it to the kitchen where Lev and I read it together. But the writing was the same as in my dream. "Lev, I remember this. I had a dream about it!"
"What? No, Piper, I did too! You kissed my best... Piper..."
"I'm thinking the same thing too, Lev."
We stared down at the envelope, each holding a side. We knew what was going to happen next.

The End.