Chapter 4 ~ Portal!!!!

It's been a month since the briefing, and Boboiboy and friends have been studying a lot. Studying for the world they're gonna visit, that is. You see, the world they will be going to is a world of powers, called "quirks". It's set a good bit into the future, so they had to study world history and history in general. Next, they had to learn several languages, specifically Japanese and to refresh on English. They also had to study culture along with such, because they didn't want to be seen as people who live under a rock.

It has also been a month since Captain Kaizo, Ramenman and a few other TAPOPS and TEMPUR-A members were sent into the world first, to see its condition. You see, this world was familiar with some of the members of TAPOPS and TEMPUR-A, because back when VerseBot was around, they had focused on this world, having the most resources worth researching. Many members were once known as "Pro-Heroes" in that world, who used their powers to protect the population and their cause.

Now, many of these members get their powers from Power Spheras, through the likes of Power Watches and similar items. Quirks were in genetics, not technical, however, TAPOPS is quite lucky! There is a lesser-known classification of quirks, called "Item-Assisted", which is a sub-type of quirk that is either too powerful or too hidden to be unlocked without the help of a support item, which fitted Boboiboy and his friends' description perfectly!

Boboiboy and the gang had also come up with stories to explain their quirks and their friendships, everything really. They've also been training their powers, or quirks, as they would have to get used to saying. They were prepared to go at all times, besides having not packed their bags completely just yet.

They had enough time to say goodbye to their families back on Earth, and Tok Aba reassured Boboiboy multiple times that he would be okay without him, like on the usual missions.

For some reason, he felt very on edge today, like today was the day they would be sent off to alternate-world Japan. Trusting his gut, he proceeded to pack the rest of his things, his hygiene kit, extra shoes, extra hats, extra vests and a photo album. Gopal wasn't in the dorm room currently, he was off doing some cramming in the library with Fang, surprisingly enough.

He was just closing his last bag when his watch lit up as Commander sent a message to head to the hangar, and to bring any and all bags you've packed within ten minutes. Boboiboy knew he couldn't carry all of his bags all at once, but wanted to preserve his energy, so he couldn't do a Triple Split, so he decided to just use one Elemental Power.

"Boboiboy Elemental Power! Boboiboy Taufan!" he shouted, and his clothes became Taufan's signature sky blue, and his cap swung to the side. "Woo hoo! Taufan is here, baby! But there's no one else around..." he said, looking around. "Anyways..." Taufan shrugged, and used his wind powers to levitate the luggage, and brought out his hoverboard and drove to the hangar, doing sick twists and turns on his way. He could've sworn he saw Ying a few times, carrying her own bags.

In just under 6 minutes, he'd made it to the hangar, where Ying, the Commander, Ochobot and Admiral Tarung were already at. He dropped his bags off on the "bag" area and reverted back to Boboiboy.

"Oh! Boboiboy, you're here too! Yaya and the others are still on their way, I guess. You finished packing too?" she asked, to which he replied with a nod. The Admiral and Commander were discussing something on a tablet they held between each other.

Yaya had arrived with Gopal and Fang, luggage behind them in a pinkish-light. Yaya had probably offered to carry their luggage, and the other two only had a few backpacks on them.

Commander Koko Ci looked up from the tablet, and Admiral Tarung kept the tablet.

"It seems like you are all here now. Today is the real start of your mission. To review, you will be going to another world to retrieve VerseBot and possibly TransferBot as well. You have undergone a month of studying and training to go on this mission, and your hard work will now lead to this new experience. In a few minutes, Ochobot will open a portal leading to the house in which you will be staying, which has separate rooms for all of you, a kitchen, several bathrooms, a dining room, a living room, a library, a pool and a garden." Koko Ci paused for a few, thinking of the next things to say. "Expenses will be covered by our higher-ups, so don't be afraid to spend a few yen, okay? I wish you good luck and safe travels, TAPOPS cadets. Your bags will be transported first, then you yourselves, understand?" They all nodded before doing the TAPOPS salute.

Ochobot had successfully opened the portal while Koko Ci was talking, and the bags were moved into the portal. This was it. They were going to another universe. It was actually happening.

When the things were all transported, it was the gang's turn to go.

Boboiboy shook with excitement and they all stepped into the portal. 

—————

Crossposted on Ao3 and Wattpad!