🕯neville longbottom- frogs

I sighed and sat down, leaning back against the tree. I pulled my book out of my messenger bag and started reading. After a few hours, I heard soft footsteps behind me. I poked my head around the tree and saw Neville walking over.

"Hey," I smiled as he sat on the ground beside me.

"Hi. Uhm, what are you reading?" he asked.

"Oh, I was just studying up on aconite. How's your day been?"

"It's been okay. Better now that I'm with you." A warm smile spread across his face as he spoke.

I let out a small giggle and grabbed his hand. "I couldn't have said it better."

I stood up and began walking towards the edge of the woods.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"I wanted to sit by the lake. Maybe we can look for frogs, or put moss in jars!" I replied.

He laughed as I dragged him along.
...

Once we reached the lake, I set my bag down, took off my shoes and socks, and rolled up my pant legs. I stepped into the cold water and Neville followed.

"It's a bit cold, we're gonna have to be careful not to get sick," Neville stated.

"Relax! We'll be fine, if anything we'll be able to stay in our dorms and not have to deal with Snape for a few days," I replied.

"Good point."

"Look! Right there!" I pointed to a green blob hiding beneath a pile of leaves. I carefully stepped toward it and pulled out my wand. "Wingardium leviosa!" I whispered and pointed my wand at the frog.

It floated up and I grabbed it out of the air. It rested gently on my hand. I turned to Neville, who was grinning as he stared at the slimy creature in my palm.

"Can I hold him?" he looked at me.

"Of course!"

He held his hand up to mine and I tilted mine toward it, letting the frog crawl over.

"I don't know how people think frogs are gross. Just because they're a bit slimy doesn't mean they're not cute," he said.

"I agree. They're adorable. In the muggle world, they're not a common pet. I don't get it," I spoke.

As he set the frog back beneath the leaves and looked for more, I decided to splash him with water. After I did, he turned around, looking offended.

"What was that for?" he questioned.

I shrugged. He began walking over towards me. I backed away and eventually just turned around and ran as best as I could, but then I felt his arms around my waist.

"NO!" I giggled as he picked me up and threw me into the water fully.

I sat up and grabbed his hand, pulling him in with me. He sat up and shook his head like a dog. I shielded my face from the water flying everywhere. We looked at eachother for a second before we started to laugh.

I looked at him as we calmed down. I grabbed his face and we pressed our foreheads together. I softly grazed my lips against his before going in for an actual kiss. We wrapped our arms around eachother. He rested his chin on my shoulder and I nuzzled into his neck.

"It's getting dark," he said after a few minutes.

"Yeah," I responded, pulling away from him. "Let's go back."