1. When Night Falls.

P R E S E N T  D A Y.

When Dad died three weeks ago, my mom was shattered and the circumstances behind his death didn't make any sense at least to me. When they found Dad three weeks ago they said that he was killed by some kind of animal. My question is why would an animal do that? Kill my Dad as gruesome as it did. The autopsy report said that both Dad's throat and heart were ripped out. And by an animal? To it looked like an animal but I also knew somehow that it wasn't just an animal It just doesn't add up. Animals don't usually do that kind of thing if whatever it was that killed my father was even an animal then I have to find out. Mom is sleeping but I couldn't sleep. I decided to go to my Dad's study. He had books on anything you can think of when it came to the supernatural. Books on Werewolves, Vampires, Lycans and Witches and lots more. Mom and Dad never told me why they were so into all this stuff. Or what any of it had to do with me but somehow I think it did, all of it. I was looking through the things on his desk. It is still the same just as he left it.

As I look some more on my father's desk I find a card that reads " Nocturne " I flip it over and I find a name and number attached to the back of it.

Vladimir.

I read the name and somehow I got chills. With my unwanted reaction to the name.
I decided to call the number in hopes that I might get a lead. I dialled the number and I waited. After three rings a heavily accented voice is heard on the other end. By the sound of the voice, I can tell that it's a male even though the name on the card already said so.

" Daniel "

The voice said. Quickly clearing my mind I reply.

" No It's not Daniel, it's his daughter. "

I say into the phone.

A husky laugh is heard before, he says

" Ah-young Elena? "

My jaw drops in surprise how does he know my name?

" How do you know my name? "

I asked unable to hide my surprise,

" It's not a very important question young one, what do I owe the honour of this sudden call from you humm? "

He says.

" Well I don't know if you know but my father was killed three weeks ago. "

I explained.

" Oh my, and you must want to know the truth, correct? "

He asked.

" Yes. " I answered.

There was a long silence before he speaks again.

" If you want to find me and get answers then follow the card. It will lead you straight to me. "

He says before the line goes dead and the dial tone is heard. 

" Follow the card? "I repeated. " What did he mean? "

" Vladimir"

I say and I say his name on the back of the card turns blue and a diagram of a map is shown. The was a blue and purple the dot the blue is me and the purple is Vladimir. Not sure of how the card I am holding turned into a map, I quickly went upstairs to check on Mom before getting into Dad's car and driving off into the night. If I didn't see mom use magic this would all seem strange but it's no secret now.

••••

After two hours of driving the card turns red and I found myself parked in front of the nightclub Nocturne. I take one more look at the building before I got out of Dad's car. Out front was a bouncer that is way too big and muscular to be human. He nods at me slightly and then moves aside so I can go inside. I returned the nod and I go in. Inside there a blue dim lights and silhouettes of people dancing and having a good time, but I wasn't here for any of that I'm here to see Vladimir. I saw a waitress and stopped her. When I did she said,