2. The Room of Echoes

I was about to do it again when my body said otherwise. I suddenly felt lightheaded and fell to the ground.

" Young One. " Vladimir says, " I told you we'll continue tomorrow and it looks like your body agrees with me. "

I nod. He's right. I'll rest and start again tomorrow.

" As much I hate to agree with you, you're right. "

I say with a small smile.

Vladimir returns the smile and picks me up. He then takes me out of the room of echoes. He then takes me to a sitting room I didn't notice he had till now. He places me on the couch and then looks at me intently.

" Is it okay if I use magic on you? "

He asked.

I nod even though I'm not sure what he's going to do. His palms started to glow and he passed him and over me, as he did I felt the headache slip away. It dawned on me that he was healing me.

" Thank you. "

I say gratefully.

He nods and then says,

" You need to rest. "

As he said those words I yawn my body yet again agreed with him.

Vladimir left me alone and I thought about Michael a little before my eyes gave in and closed in sleep. When I slept I dreamt of Michael.

" How could you leave me, Elena? "

Michael questioned.

" I don't know, and I'm sorry I forgot you but it wasn't my fault. "

I say, feeling an overwhelming urge to cry.

" Come to me, Elena. "

Michael calls to me.

Every step I made to Michael he kept going further and further away.

" I'll find you, Michael. "

I say before shooting upwards from my sleep.

"That dream felt so real."

I murmur to myself. 

When I woke up Vladimir was seated in the far corner of the sitting room.

" Good Morning Young One. "

Vladimir says with a small smile.

" Blessed be Vladimir. "

I say.

This time it felt more natural to say. With some of my memory back I realized that  Vladimir is a friend and not an enemy he is helping me regain what was lost. My memory. I was lost in thought when Vladimir spoke again,

" There's a change of clothes, towel, toothpaste, and a toothbrush. It is for you to freshen up my maid will assist you in finding your way around. "

I nod.

I take a minute to collect my thoughts and then look to where Vladimir was seated and he was gone, without a sound or a trace that he was just in the same room as me.

•••

A knock was heard on the door moments later.

" Come in "

I say not sure who was on the other side of the door.

" Blessed be lady Elena. "

A timid girl said as she came into the room.

" Blessed be. "

I replied to her. When she stands there I realized she was waiting for me.

" You must be here to show me around? "

I say.

" Yes, Lady Elena. "

She says with a small bow.

I smile at her before saying,

" There is no need to be so polite. Please just call me Elena "

She nods and I get up out of the bed.

She bows and says nothing.

The timid girl takes me to a very medieval bathroom and hands me a robe before she leaves and I am alone again. Stripping myself off all of my clothes I find the bathtub and I go in allowing the scent of fresh roses to calm me.

Why did my parents erase my memories, why didn't they let me choose?

After my long soak I decided to head home. I took the change of clothes got dressed. I Thanked Vladimir for his hospitality and left. I would return after I speak with my mother. The drive home was a lot faster than I expected.