Chapter 6

Evelynn had decided to only unpack a few clothes and leave the rest in her bag, so she spent the rest of her time in the room reading a book. At some point she got tired and put the book down, leaning back and looking at the ceiling. She decided it would be good to explore the manor a little, just to pass her time. And maybe satisfy her curiosity.

She opened the door and walked out in the hallway, locking it behind. Letting out a sigh she tried to recall the way Mr Wayne and her followed to reach her room and finally decided to go left and see where it takes her.

She looked around. The walls were neatly painted in a white color and the floor had a soft red carpet covering it. Doors were on both sides of the corridor and they were all the same; dull dark wooden doors. She had noticed earlier too, even though she was was following the fast-paced man, and that slightly troubled her as she realised it would be kinda hard to find her way around.

Suddenly, she heard soft tapping. It didn't take her more than a second to realize that they were footsteps. They were so quiet that it was almost impossible for a normal ear to catch the sound of them. Still she kept walking without looking back, only to realize that she was being followed. She slowly turned around to face a black Great Dane growling and showing his teeth to her.

She made eye-contact with the huge animal in front of her, staring at it with a cold hard face for a few minutes as the animal slowly walked closer to her. It was only a little shorter from her but apparently this didn't seem to faze her at all. The dog sniffed her and they kept glaring at each other for a few minutes.

She slowly raised a hand to him. He stiffened under her touch but relaxed after a bit and let her pet him. A ghost of a smile appeared on her face, but quickly left when she felt a presence behind her. She turned her head to look at a young boy around her age standing there with his school uniform on and glaring at her.

"Who are you and what are you doing to my dog?" he asked in a cold voice, the glare he had never leaving his face.

She fought back the urge to use sarcasm and answered in a calm voice. "I suppose Mr Wayne has informed you of my arrival, no? And as for your dog I was simply petting him"

"I am Evelynn Forest, daughter of Ellie Forest" she introduced herself after a few moments of silence.

"Why are you here and what are you doing on this floor?" he asked again, still glaring daggers.

"As for that, I think you should ask Mr Wayne or Pennyworth" she said with a blank face, sitting up.

"I will" he said and quickly walked downstairs.

"So this is Damian Wayne" she said to herself and petted the dog's head before walking downstairs.

—--------------------------

Evelynn was sitting in the kitchen looking outside the window and enjoying the silence, when she heard angry footsteps.

"I suppose I was rude before so I-" the boy let out a sigh "apologize for my behavior" he said. The annoyance in his voice was rather obvious.

"I am Damian Wayne" he finally introduced himself.

She turned to look at him with a blank face. She wasn't used to being apologized at. "I suppose I don't need to introduce myself" she said and got up from her seat "It is... nice to meet you". And she left the room.

A/N

Hehe... Hey guys!

It's been a while since my last update but I couldn't find a way to introduce Damian to the story. I tried to stay as close to his character as I could and I hope I have done a good job with this chapter.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter and always if you have anything you want to share or any comment for the story don't hesitate to leave a comment. Comments give me motivation to keep writing!

Till next time

Bye <3

(P.S. The picture on the top is Evelynn's bedroom at Wayne Manor. And the image does not belong to me.)