1: Genesis

"How can we go back to the beginning?" -

Disclaimers/ Notes before we start!
- I started each chapter with a little song quote because I thought it was cute and it fits with how the chapter is going to go, the chapter names are all named after songs too, (it's just how I like to write and where I get my inspiration from, you can ignore it if you want. It's not crucial to the story line but I think it's a nice touch.) Also it was inspiration from our lord and saviour Araki and his god-like references.
- This story is mainly Kars X reader but there will be moments with the other Pilar men too.
- There will be a lemon in this book, but don't worry I'll make it a separate chapter and explain there, so you can skip it if you want.
- This book is going to be set in the 70s, Lisa Lisa is a duchess (basically royalty) and she is a distant relative of yours, I included Von Strohiem in this book because i needed an extra character - he is NOT a nazi in this book, that's pretty much all the changes to the base of the battle tendency plot.
- any lines in italics are your thoughts, the date or the chapter-opening quote that I mentioned earlier!
- Enjoy!!

31st July 1:00am 1977:

Y/N did not blink once as she turned the page of her book, completely fixated on the text she was scanning at an uncanny rate. She often spent her nights reading fan fiction, or should I say 'mornings?' Y/N often collected them from second hand stores or the discarded section of the library in town. She couldn't afford fancy tech or a computer to read on and it's not like she could afford to pay for the electricity to power one if she did manage to save enough. But that didn't matter to her.

She was quite old fashioned, just like her parents before her. She had inherited her parent's chalet (a fancy word for a hotel or bed and breakfast accommodation), which lay on the bank of the coastal town she inhabited. There wasn't many people left in the town, most migrated to the city, either because of the frequent storms or they disliked the quiet, often eerie atmosphere.
Y/N hadn't had a customer in years, she was just scraping by with what little her parents had left her.
She was a dreamer, through and through, just like her parents. She had read so much fiction in her life, she lived in hope her life would be like that of the one in her dreams. Her head was totally in the clouds, she refused to think about the consequences of not being able to pay her bills, or the hardships of what fate may have in store for her. And she would prefer to keep it that way.
She often thought of whether she would be able to find love in this world, and achieve the happiness that she saw her parents cherish. Y/N was told from a young age by her mother when she always overthought, that fate would take care of her. That everything happens for a reason, and we as humans can't change fate, so worrying isn't in our best interest, if there is a man out there for her, then the universe will let her know.
Y/N learned to take everything in her stride, she still cooks for the community and is always there for anyone who needs it. She is greatly admired by all who knew of her, but of course she wasn't aware of this.

Y/N flipped the page once more, covering her mouth as she let out a little squeak while the thunder outside brought her out of her trance. She shook her head and adjusted her eyesight, peering to the left at the boarded up window. A faint flash of lightning was visible from the outside.

Another storm?

Y/N snapped her head back round to the right as her night light began to flicker.

Please don't say the powers going to go out! This is the second time this month! I can't possibly have guests if there's no power?

She knew deep down that there wasn't much chance of her having anyone who would want to stay here anyway. The once glamorous chalet was now a glorified shack. All the windows were boarded up, the garden was overrun with weeds and the gate was hanging by a thread. It looked like an old cemetery building. At the very least someone would come here looking for ghosts as a joke! It would probably be safer to sleep in the farmers fields, at least then there wasn't the risk of having the roof cave in or the stairway giving in beneath you.