I PROLOGUE I

........ 

 " A wise man once said humans are oceans of pain, deceit and melancholy. So wise child, only navigate the surface of the ocean and never the depths for we know- the depths only hold fruits we cannot understand. "

.......

 I LADY DELPHINE'S BEDCHAMBERS I

: BYTHESEA MANSION :

 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

HER END. 

 DELPHINE VERMOA BYTHESEA had only yearned for one thing in her entire life and-that was to watch the world burn.

No one had ever asked her why she wished for the world to burn.

She scoffed, her bruised lips curling into a snarl. She should rephrase that train of thought.

No one cared to ask her the reasons why she wished for the world to burn.

Yet, in the end, she supposed none of that ever mattered. Her thoughts, opinions, emotions or ideals were just specks of dust meant to be swept away into oblivion. She glanced at the ruby ring on her finger. She twisted the wretched thing and held it up to the moonlight to see the glimmer of the horrid jewel. It was the only piece of remembrance she was able to get her hands on after the maids threw out all of her mother's belongings. Her heart throbbed as she rubbed the ruby close to her chest. The only person who had showered her in warmth was her mother-she was also the last person to show her any warmth.

Her tattered clothes and scarred skin were evidence of her fall into the depths of hell. Her fingers grazed the fresh streaks of blood oozing from the lacerations on her arms. She harshly bit the inside of her mouth to prevent whimpers from escaping. She tightly squeezed her eyes shut and escaped into the memories of the past.

"You can't do anything without me."

"Sister, do you honestly think that anybody ever liked you?"

"You better live quietly."

"Useless and stupid, qualites that you inherited from that cursed mother of yours."

"Vile! Her cursed blood surely made her personality wicked."

"If only she could be like her sweet innocent younger sister."

"You never tried hard enough."

She screamed.

She had spun so many versions of herself just to meet the demands and expectations of those around her. She only did what anyone else in her situation would have done, she built iron walls around herself and turned to her wealth to defend herself. She used silk dresses, makeup brushes and jewels as her weapons. She attacked with a haughty smile and remarks so cruel they left deeper wounds than a whip did. Yet, none of it brought her closer to the ones she wanted love from. She was always told to act a certain way, she was always criticized and she was always blamed.