The runaway, sobbing ghost, fairy and petty swordmaster.

........

I GRAND EMPIRE CEMETERY, ANEBURY DISTRICT

ETANIA-CAPITAL OF RYDDOS EMPIRE I

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE RUNAWAY VILLAINESS, LITTLE FAIRY, PETTY SWORDMASTER & GHOST.

DELPHINE scampered away from the glowing sword and hid behind a nearby tree. If there was one thing she learned from all her years of living in a world full of adventures and magic: it was to never stand near any glowing object,person or thing.

Her heart jumped out of her chest when she recognized the ancient writing on the sword. She firmly believed her deduction to be a hundred percent correct but even she had her doubts. Blowing away the strands of hair falling on her damp forehead, she looked over her shoulder to see if Almond and the little girl were near her. She gritted her teeth when they were nowhere to be found.

"Fuck," Delphine punched the ground, sinking onto her knees and yanking her hair out.

She rested her head against the trunk of the tree and pinched her eyebrows together. Delphine didn't know if she should search for the little girl or leave her behind. She was probably safer away from Delphine. There was no telling if her stepmother might send assassins after her. Yet, if she was caught by those goblins and sold then Delphine would never forgive herself.

Truthfully, she only wanted to use the child as a cover to stay in the capital. She gnashed her teeth, there were plenty of little girls on the street she could use and drop off at an orphanage later. Delphine squeezed her eyes, the little girl's bright lavender eyes flashed in her head. Her feet moved on her own and long before she knew it her mind had already made a decision.

"I can't believe myself," Delphine bitterly laughed at herself.

She darted past the sword and furiously scanned the forest to catch a glimpse of the child. She spotted a tuft of brown hair and bolted in the direction of-

The energy resonating from the sword yanked her backwards and chained her to the ground. She desperately wriggled against the force, the invisible chains only tightened around her. Delphine released a guttural scream, her body arched as she screamed the shit out of her lungs.

The sword violently vibrated and spun up into the air, it shattered into a million pieces. The shards exploded mid air and stabbed the earth, in the midst of the explosion a glowing ball of energy pulsated. The ball grew and morphed into the shape of a young man. The chains slowly loosened around her as the features of the man appeared. She stared in horror as she backed up to a tree. The branches scratched her palms and dirt streaked her clothes. The young man gracefully landed a few feet away from her. His eyes remained closed and the energy from before settled into the core of his chest. His casual armor was made from great fabrics. Delphine's eyes were drawn to the magnificent sword hanging from his belt. She gulped, it was the same sword that had exploded a few minutes ago. She took in the sight of his chiseled features and sturdy lean body.