A Grand Exit?

........

I THE ARCORA WING - LADY DELPHINE'S BEDCHAMBERS

BYTHESEA MANSION, CERNIA - RYDDOS EMPIRE I

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A GRAND EXIT?

DELPHINE PUSHED open the grand stained glass doors into her bedroom and placed her hands on her hips. A cheerful grin danced on her beaming face. Her bedchamber maids bizarrely stared at her-some even dropped their dusting feathers and stared at her mortified. Delphine shot them a wink, stalked over to her closet and yanked out all of her suitcases. She took in the glorious sight of her leather luggages and pulled out the cash her father had generously thrown at her. She marched deeper into the closet, walking until not even the maids in her bedroom could see her and stopped at the jewelry cabinet. Grinning, she kneeled down and pushed the boxes of jewels aside to reveal a trap door.

Rolling the silk sleeves of her dress up, she pried open the stubborn door and sighed in relief. "Thank the deities," She groaned, dropping to the floor and rubbing her temples. Slowly, lifting the box out of the enclosed space, she threw a cautious look over her shoulder before beginning to work her fingers around the lock. The lock clicked and the lid of the box opened revealing all of her hard work for the past three months. "Oh my sweet beautiful trust fund." She gently crooned, adding the bundles of cash her father had given to her collection.

Delphine spent the last 3 months of her life collecting and selling anything she could get her hands on to fund her secret operation which she liked to call-Mission leave her damned house rich as fuck so she wouldn't be peniliess on the streets.

Was the name too long?

Probably.

But it served its purpose.

She grinned at her fund, if she used her funds correctly she would be able to live the rest of her life out of her manic family's clutches. She clapped, "Okay, okay listen up, Delphine! Before news of your departure reaches the ears of the maids, pack up everything you can sell before they catch you shoving it into your bags." She mumbled to herself as she patted her chest, calming her excited heart.

She smirked, brushing her fingers over her jewelry. Emeralds, rubies and diamonds glinted stylishly, practically beckoning her to take them with her. She lifted up a pair of sapphire earrings, "I wouldn't be a very nice owner if I didn't take my belongings with me."

In mere minutes, Delphine packed her bags and stashed everything and anything that could add to her funds. She dusted herself off and patted her shoulder, "You did well, Delephine."

Now she just needed to change into comfortable attire and load her luggages into the carriage. As she was changing her clothes, someone burst into her room or maybe it was more than one person. Delphine couldn't tell but she knew someone had at least entered her room and she doubted it was her stepmother or her sister.