Is it so hard to escape in peace?

........

I LEIGHTON ROAD, ANEBURY DISTRICT

ETANIA-CAPITAL OF RYDDOS EMPIRE  I

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IS IT SO HARD TO ESCAPE IN PEACE?  

PASSENGERS jumped off the train and eagerly stood on the platform, scanning the crowd to see if their loved ones came to see them. Bustling crowds stampeded through the platform to either explore the winding capital or head to their homes or other sinister ploys they had on their agenda. Perhaps, that's why no one noticed the unruly sight of four ginormous disgruntled men surrounding 2 little women. Well-one woman and one little girl-and if Delphine was truly honest, she considered herself a little girl in the presence of such huge men.

That is, she considered herself a little girl in this very particular situation.

Delphine could hear their ragged breaths before she could smell their awful breaths. She was sure it violated the right for one to breathe clean air but she was damn sure if she voiced that she would be buried ten feet under the very bench she was occupying.

Clearing her throat, she turned around to face the mighty fucking ogres with a blinding smile, "Gentlemen-" She nodded her head in their direction, "To what godforsaken entity do I owe a debt too to be bestowed by your ever so gentle presences?" She charmingly intoned, crossing her legs.

One of the goons-the slightly less ogre looking one in Delphines opinion-laughed so hard Delphine's left ear bursted, "Looks like we have a witty one in our hands, fellas"

"Please, witty coming from the likes of you is not a compliment I'd like to hear." Delphine blurted out with wide eyes.

Was she going to regret saying that?

Probably.

But the words flew out of her mouth before she could stop herself and she didn't regret it when she saw their faces turn a brilliant shade of red. Delphine leaned back and stretched her arms across the length of the bench. The child snuggled beside her and hid under the cover of her cape.

It was a smart move. Delphine would've done the same if she were in the same situation. She haughtily raised her head, she wasn't the one they were after so she had no reason to be in distress. The hood of her cape covered her face so she didn't need to worry about her identity being revealed. As long as they remained in the crowded station, she had the advantage.

According to what the little girl had told her, it seemed no one in this scheme was connected to each other. Each group was contacted by a separate mediator-it was a smart way to shake off their tracks. This was just her speculation for all she knew all the groups could be connected to each other.